Question New style rstv 4 is minimum age??

lovemybabies924

I am helping out a mom with a just turned 3 year old who is even with the top slots of the ma65 so I was thinking the rstv... She's 40lbs but I don't wanna go against the rules...

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

ADS

Qarin

According to the manual available here:
http://www.safetrafficsystem.com/ver3/manual.php

The minimum age is 3 years old.

My understanding is that the RSTV does not make a very pleasant everyday use restraint.

A Nautilus is not much more money than an RSTV, and has noticeably higher harness slots than the old style Marathon; the Maestro may offer more room as well, for less.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, 3 is the minimum from the manufacturer. I believe in New York State the child must be 4 and 40 lbs. to use ANY vest. Other than that, 3 is the man. minimum. But, not something I'd want to do every day unless I didn't have a car, and was taking lots of cabs and rides from friends.

Pixels

Also, the new style RSTV isn't very good at keeping the kid in position. It's a booster, not a harness. So she will need to make sure the kid stays positioned properly.

lovemybabies924

Is the rstv preferable over an evenflo big kid booster for a kid who turned 3 in July?

I was gonna let her keep my ma65 but her kids torso is so long if she grows at all the seat is in usable and I'm worried about it being used with shoulders over top slots

gigi

lovemybabies924 said:
Is the rstv preferable over an evenflo big kid booster for a kid who turned 3 in July?

I was gonna let her keep my ma65 but her kids torso is so long if she grows at all the seat is in usable and I'm worried about it being used with shoulders over top slots

I'd get a Maestro in her situation.

christineka

If the only options are: CA, MA65, and rstv, I'd go first with the CA, then the rstv. I use the rstv often and I think it's fine if you can lock the belt. It is a bit of a pain, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as installing a car seat every time you get in the car. If this lady doesn't have a car, would she be sitting in the back with her dd while riding around?

lovemybabies924

Ok met up today and she left with a new ca65 in the car she's using her Dd was too big for the ma65 and the ca installed so easy with locking clip the mom could do it.... Were meeting on Wednesday to do an official write up and have her install again in front of me :) I'm happy!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC