West los angeles car seat Tech's.. HELP!

J

jenny_lizz333

I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but I'm trying to find out if there are any tech's on this forum that can help me install my 2 car seats or if anyone recommends a place that won't charge me a ton of money to help me out but knows what they are doing...

I just called a child safty seat inspection station in my area and they went on to tell me that it will cost me $150 for them to take 2 hours to show me everything about my car seat and car. They also said they are the only certified people in our area and the people from the Highway Patrol say they are certified, but really don't know what they are doing.

I explained to her that I have a Hyndai Santa Fe (2009) car with a frontier 85 for my 3 year old and I bought a new britax boulevard 70 cs with an infant insert for the newborn. She then told me that I have to get an infant seat because there is no way the boulevard is going to fit in the back of my car rear facing. And I asked her what I was suppose to do once my child outgrew the infant seat and she insinuated that I'd need to buy a new car before I could safely have my child rear facing in that convertible seat.

So what I am asking here is for ANY help regarding this issue. Is she right?? Will the britax boulevard 70 not fit rear facing in my type of car? Or will it just not rear face at the proper recline for an infant, but it would be fine in a more upright position once the baby outgrew the infant seat? Should I just try and install the seats myself... Sorry for the ranting I'm due in a month and need to figure this out..lol

Again I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I just joined and don't know how things work yet.

Thank you!!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ilana is cheaper, she's on this board and is great. http://www.westlacarseats.com

Or, if you're willing to drive, I'm in Tujunga (also do Sherman Oaks), and have a limited schedule, but I'm free.

Oh, also, there's a free event I'm working through Kids are 1st this Saturday from 11-3 at Whole Foods in Venice (225 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, 90291). It's first come, first served, so you might want to get there before the end if you decide to come.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC