Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Intera parts??

Intera parts??

I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a harness for a Safety 1st Intera? I have a friend who wants to use this seat for her son. It expires 12/12. The thing is that the harness straps have been washed in a washing machine. We called Dorel and they don't have any left. Her dh wants to use the seat anyway.
    April Senior checker / Special needs trained
    DD1 10.5yrs Harmony cruz
    DD2 6.5yrs PKWY SG
    DD3 5yrs FF GN

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I cam probably help you out. The straps have not ever been washed, but not sure how dirty they are. I will look when I ho back, Thursday after next. The boys I keep have one. Jess 71903 and I were talking about it last night...

May contain dyac moments!
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

Re: Intera parts??

Can't you put a set from an aoe in? I highly doubt they're using a different harness.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by mominabigtruck
    Can't you put a set from an aoe in? I highly doubt they're using a different harness.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I would not use substitute parts. Too many factors that we do not know.

The seat that I have access to expires at the same time as the one in the op. If possible it is probably the best option.

Op, I will send it ffs when I get it. Im sure out only meds to be wiped down. It has been stored inside, but had not ben used for about 3 years.

Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

Re: Intera parts??

Quote Originally Posted by trippsmom View Post
    I would not use substitute parts. Too many factors that we do not know.

The seat that I have access to expires at the same time as the one in the op. If possible it is probably the best option.

Op, I will send it ffs when I get it. Im sure out only meds to be wiped down. It has been stored inside, but had not ben used for about 3 years.

That would great! Thanks!
    April Senior checker / Special needs trained
    DD1 10.5yrs Harmony cruz
    DD2 6.5yrs PKWY SG
    DD3 5yrs FF GN