Convertible car seat recommendation?

U

Unregistered

Can anyone please recommend a good convertible car seat?

We're looking to purchase an additional car seat for occasional use in our second vehicle. It needs to be RF to start (12 month old, 18 lbs), but we would like something that will last a long time FF too.

We don't really want to spend a ton because it's only for occasional use, but at the same time, I like features such as no re-threading harnesses, etc.

Thanks!

ADS

oddduck

The First Years True Fit and Safety 1st Complete Air are on sale at Zellers starting tomorrow for $99.99.

I've got a True Fit and it's quite nice. It RFs to 35lbs, has a no re-thread harness, premium latch connectors. The seat covers are quite plush and padded. It's a fairly tall seat and can FF to 65lbs.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for all the feedback.

I just checked the Zellers flyer, and it says the True Fit seat is only RF to 22 lbs. Is this just an error in the flyer? I definitely want something that will RF until at least about 30 lbs.

chay

It's an error. The True Fit will RF to 35lbs. It also has a very tall shell so you'll have lots of time by height. It has very tall top harness slots (17.5-18") and a 65lbs limit FF so it will last a long time FF as well.

It has a no-rethread harness, built in lock offs which are great for older cars without UAS and is a pretty easy seat to install (or at least in every car I've tried). It is also known for fitting RF in compact cars really well if that's a factor.

canadiangie

Thank you for all the feedback.

I just checked the Zellers flyer, and it says the True Fit seat is only RF to 22 lbs. Is this just an error in the flyer? I definitely want something that will RF until at least about 30 lbs.

Zellers has always had that typo. They've been emailed about it many times.

It does in fact rf to 35 pounds.

tam_shops

I'd phone and get them to hold you one, asap, the stock at our Zellers has been low for awhile...if they don't have any, I'd get a rain cheque, just in case they get them back in before you need one, it's a great price.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC