Evenflo expiration- 6 years, correct?

::er!ca::

My sister has a Tribute with DOM 2010-2-18, and the sticker says it expires 2018-2-16. That's a mistake, right? Shouldn't it expire in 2016?

ADS

StillThankful

As PP stated, there is some confusion on that but I don't think it's a mistake as in a misprint.

Some 2010 Evenflos have an 8 year expiration date for some reason.

About a year ago, KMART had a killer clearance deal on EFTAs for $34.99 and Safety 1st Avenues for $17.99. We swarmed the store and many of us scored some that had 6 year expiration dates while others got the seat with the 8 year expiration date.

For example, I have an EFTA 50 DOM 2/10/10 (DD2's bday by the way:D) which has an 8 year expiration date.

I also have an EFTA 65 w/ a 1/11 DOM but has a 6 year expiration date.

I sold an EFTA 50 w/ a 3/10 DOM but had a 6 year expiration date.

;)
I don't recall hearing about any statement by Evenlfo that the 8 year expiration dates were a mistake.

Here is EFTA Review on Amazon, where the reviewer stated an 8 year expiration date. Someone left a comment that the seats have a 6 year expiration date and he replied that both of his January 2010 models have 8 year expiration date sticker on the seat and registration card: http://www.amazon.com/review/R16R9OLALC6OYG

StillThankful

I would contact evenflo to clarify.

I called Evenflo (b/c I'm geek and wanted too:)) and spoke with a rep. Ronnie. She stated that there were some Evenflos marked with an 8 year expiration date for a period of time. She stated to follow the sticker on your carseat & that it's not a mistake. She stated that some newer models now have a 6 year expiration date. The expiration dates are not retroactive. So please follow whatever is on your particular carseat.

Kayleen

And then you have Maestros that have 8yrs in the manual but 6yrs on the warranty card and sticker on seat. Hopefully they have fixed that issue (it's been a little while). That is some of the main reason I moved away from the Maestro. Love the seat, but don't love the confusion with the company.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Unless you got lucky and got one like my Titan. It says 2006 and "do not use after December 2010" Stupid! I called and they said no, that was wrong, the expiration is 6 years, not 4. I would have been very upset to have bought the more expensive seat (rather than the Scenera) and only gotten 4 years out of it. I'd just call if you have any question.

StillThankful

And then you have Maestros that have 8yrs in the manual but 6yrs on the warranty card and sticker on seat. Hopefully they have fixed that issue (it's been a little while). That is some of the main reason I moved away from the Maestro. Love the seat, but don't love the confusion with the company.

Oh no! That is confusing. If you like the seat though, continue to use it--just call Evenflo to get clarification--everyone makes mistakes--human error at it's best;)

Unless you got lucky and got one like my Titan. It says 2006 and "do not use after December 2010" Stupid! I called and they said no, that was wrong, the expiration is 6 years, not 4. I would have been very upset to have bought the more expensive seat (rather than the Scenera) and only gotten 4 years out of it. I'd just call if you have any question.

Oh goodness. Yes. It's good to call if you have any questions.

gigi

I have a Maestro stickered with 6 years while the manual says 8. I called, they said 6 years and to disregard manual. I'd much rather err on the side of caution and just use for 6 years anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC