pics of toddlers in the scenera?

java

I would love to see pics of toddlers in sceneras! I am considering getting one as a second seat for DD but I don't want to get it and have her out grow it right away. So I would love to see other toddlers in the seat and how much they still have to grow in it. Or if you don't have pics, how old is your child in a scenera? Are they average size, big, or small? Or how old was your child when they outgrew it?

ADS

krasota

My child still fits FF in a Scenera 40RF. He's 4.5yo, 35lbs, 41". I'd say he has .5-.75" of space left between his shoulders and the top harness slot. His head is just at the top of the shell. I expect he'll outgrow it height-wise in the next growth spurt, which should happen any day now. It's our backup seat until then.

I know that he still fit RF in it as of March, but I have a heck of a time getting a solid RF install in the thing, so I was fine FF him in it after he hit 3.5y. I'm pretty sure he's now outgrown RF in it.

All of my online pics of the seat are from airplane installs, so they're taken at rather odd angles.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I can't find a picture... but my 30 pound 39" 3 year old still easily fits RF in ours. He also has a tiny torso though - he fits RF in my Coccoro too. My best friend's 2 1/2 year old is more average sized in terms of torso height, she's about 37" tall and she has probably 3 inches above her head RF in it too.

skylinphoto

I had our scenera in the house so I did my best to simulate the recline if it where in the car. Lol
My 3.5 yo dd:

IMG_20111025_173702.jpg

ETA: she's 24 lbs 37 inches .. so smaller than average. Plenty of room to grow rfing but ffing is using the top slot. My 5.5 yo ds outgrew it ffing and rfing around 4.5 yo I believe (by height..he's super short).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

StillThankful

Here's my dd at almost 4 with *about* an inch over her head had she still been rearfacing... https://picasaweb.google.com/104971860341203318894/LeahInCarseats#5409978091566001538
I prefer the Tribute for ease of install, and though it measures a tad shorter than the Scenera, she still barely fit FF in it at 5 (maybe a tad too tall, but she's also very tall for her age)... https://picasaweb.google.com/104971860341203318894/LeahInCarseats#5576283192696917378

I looked at your pics! :love: your album! Your DD is so cute in all those seats. It looks like she REALLY likes the Booster Air--I really think I might want to get one for DD1--I saw one on sale at Kmart for $53 online.

What is the last booster in your album--black and red?

I also like your DD in the Vivo! It's a great pictorial of carseats and how they fit kids at various ages/sizes. Thanks for sharing!

I'd also love to get my hands on the euro booster w/ the shield up to 40#--that looked so comfy:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I looked at your pics! :love: your album! Your DD is so cute in all those seats. It looks like she REALLY likes the Booster Air--I really think I might want to get one for DD1--I saw one on sale at Kmart for $53 online.
What is the last booster in your album--black and red?
It's a great pictorial of carseats and how they fit kids at various ages/sizes. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Poor kid, she'll think I never let her out of seats :D That black and red one is the Compass B570... we like it, but it's too hard for her to buckle yet.

java

Thanks you guys! 2.5 looks like the minimum so far, which is great! My goal is 3, 2.5 at the absolute minimum and that would not be in the main vehicle. But my DD seems pretty small for her age so far, so if she stays that way, then I don't think we will have any issues making it to 3. I wish I could know how big she will be by then....she is almost 17 mths and about 17.5lbs and 26 inches tall. She can just fit in a snugride 22 still...but she is right at 1 inch of shell so that wouldn't last long.

oddduck

Maybe I'll take a picture tonight (if I think about it). My 15mo old rides in one in grandmas truck. She's getting close to needing the 3rd slot for RFing. She's got a long torso.

java

I tried dd in one at walmart this afternoon. She is level with the second slots and has probably a good 7-9 inches above her head! She has tons of space in it.

Can the crotch strap be moved out while rfing? At the store it was in the farthest back (smallest) position which was kinda under her a little.

Since it is a dorel seat it has to be reclined to 45 degrees no matter the age of the child right? Do you all follow that? I wish I knew why they say that.

Mommy2Marcus

Here is my son in the Scenera RF at around age 17-18 months old.
002.jpg

Sorry the picture is at a bit of an odd angle. It's hard to get a good side shot of a child RF in a 2 door. :) He still had a good 5-6 inches of growing room left at this age if not a little more.

tentoes

First pic (pink seat, NOT our strap covers)-

23 mths
33" tall
Seated height 20.5"
Torso height 13"

Second pic & third pic (grey seat)-

30 months
35" tall
Seated height 21.5"
Torso 13.5"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC