Car Seat check and PICTURES!

ThreeBeans

Well, time for my braggin' post, everyone get yer Girl Scout badges out :D

We had 1.5 hours squared aside for our carseat check today....1/2 hour for each seat. We were at the station for exactly fifteen minutes. :eek:

They looked in, uninstalled and reinstalled each seat...said each installation was absolutely perfect and not to change a thing....and I was sooo worried about my funky three-across arrangement.

It is TIGHT...you can't squeeze a finger between the two Radians:eek:

So now that I know I did it right, here are three-across pictures for your viewing pleasure

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe.
Drivers outboard: Graco Safe Seat I lap/shoulder belt install (newborn)
Center: SKR65 ff lapbelt/top tether install (2 years, 8 months, 39 inches, 34 lbs)
Passenger Outboard: SKR65 rf lap/shoulderbelt, rf tether install (17 months, 21 lbs, 32 inches)

100_1435.jpg

100_1436.jpg

100_1439.jpg

100_1442.jpg

And just for fun, Bean the First, enjoying his seat :love:

100_1416.jpg

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats! What is that blue fabric thingy in the seating area of the FF Radian, I think it says Kiddopatamus on the label? Not trying to nitpick, just genuinely curious here, I swear. :)

ThreeBeans

That's a piddle pad :eek:

He's been trained since last year but does occasionally have accidents when he falls into a deep sleep.

I posted about it a few months back and the consensus was that it was safe. The techs at the check didn't say anything about it.....

:eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Ah I see, clever solution, especially on a seat where the harness is bolted on like the Radian. :)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Wow that is awesome! Now that means I should be able to get SOMETHING next to my MA in my CR-V, right? :eek: I'm not so good with the "right next to each other" installations.

How did you install them (I mean, what seat first, if that makes sense)? I'm thinking maybe if I do the outboard, then the middle, it'll be easier (I only have 2 seats, but I can't install in one of the outboard positions, it has to be middle, and behind the driver only; it's a long story, trust me :rolleyes: )

ThreeBeans

I installed the ff radian first, middle position with the lap belt and a full twist in the female buckle. Then I installed the two outboard seats.

Then I took the middle seat out and made sure the outboard seats were independently secure.

I could put the Radian back in the center relatively confidently WITHOUT uninstalling the outboard seats because it was a lapbelt, kwim? As long as I didn't move the sliding buckle and I twisted the female buckle the same way, and I got it to click, I knew it was in just as good as before.

Connor's Mom

That piddle pad looks nice.
But is looks like you would have to un-install the seat to take it off. I looks like it is held down with the belt during instillation. :confused:

And great job ThreeBeans, that looks like one safe backseat!:thumbsup:

Morganthe

That piddle pad looks nice.
But is looks like you would have to un-install the seat to take it off. I looks like it is held down with the belt during instillation. :confused:

And great job ThreeBeans, that looks like one safe backseat!:thumbsup:

I think it's the Harness that's holding it in place & just folded back over the sides for the photo. Interesting. I actually like it because it will STAY in the right position everytime. I might actually order one of those before we take a long distance trip over 5 hours. I wonder if it will come in Pink anytime soon. :confused:

I am so impressed, three Beans. :bow: :bow: :bow:
A complete marvel of fitting 3 seats in that little seat. I bet you feel so cosy and family when everyone is in the car. I mean that in a positive way. Whenever dh & I've had vacations with dd, the dogs, and everything packed in the back, it's a loverly feeling. For me, I just can't imagine the same emotion in a large vehicle where everyone is spread out to all corners. :love:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think it has velcro "tabs" that open to go around the harness? You can somewhat see the "tabs" with the black piping. That is my guess...

BudgieStew

lovinwaves

WOW, NICE JOB!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just got my new Radian last week, and am still amazed how how little that seat is....well narrow that is...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC