Question about the summer infant prodigy

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
So the BRU salesman brought this point up and now i'm curious...the whole thing about this car seat base having batteries in extreme heat. Has anyone else thought of that?

ADS

Pixels

Uhh, what? That they're going to explode? Not likely. It takes temperatures closer to fire to cause a battery to explode from heat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Just when you think you've heard it all....

Please*, people leave battery-laden goodies all over their cars, I've never heard of them causing a problem. Though if it would stop all the sales of those big heavy hard mirrors with built in lights and music boxes, I guess it's a myth I can get into :cool:

*I hope you know I'm saying "Please" with eyes rolling at the BRU employee, not at you. My coworkers come up with all kinds of bizarre stuff...did you know Britax is German and that getting it direct from ebay from Bangkok, because the seats are made in China, is a good deal. <forehead slap>.

Last edited:
S

SummerCPSAdvocate

Hi eyeslkethesky5391,

I am the CPST-I and Advocate at Summer Infant. The Prodigy Infant Car Seat and Base underwent extensive temperature testing and passed, and there was no effects found on the batteries.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Courtney

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Hi eyeslkethesky5391,

I am the CPST-I and Advocate at Summer Infant. The Prodigy Infant Car Seat and Base underwent extensive temperature testing and passed, and there was no effects found on the batteries.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Courtney

Great thats awesome news!! (now if only we can get a letter out to BRUS)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I can see replacing a LOT of batteries over the winter here. See how many pics you get on a set of batteries on a DSLR, taking pics outside in the winter here. Or leave your phone in the vehicle overnight fully charged and see if it even turns on in the morning (not likely). We require block heaters just so our vehicle will start in the winter.

I'd be curious to know what the extreme temps they tested to are. Then again, maybe this seat isn't going to be available in Canada anyway? But what about states like North Dakota, Alaska, etc.?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC