Question Rstv help!!!

lovemybabies924

Have my ds who is 36lbs in a small new style rstv in my DH car since he keeps putting him in the olli ... Ya I know... But I'm wondering about the fit!!??? I have no manual for this so another question is can I use it top tethered and lap shoulder belt??

I do need to flip the buckle so the belt isn't twisted in the future

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Last edited:
ADS

lovemybabies924

creideamh said:
Looks ok to me (minus the twisted buckle)... ya you can top tether with lap/shoulder.

Yay! Can I get a manual for this? Does one exist?

creideamh

I have no idea if one exists... I don't have one, either. From what I can remember, the "manual" was like, a tiny sheet of paper.

@erica, my 6 y/o cousin has fallen asleep in hers before and just leans her head back and a little to the side, no serious slumping (although I do use lap/shoulder plus tether.)

ericarizo

It worries me because he was really slouched down and it put the belt high on him and on his neck and I don't know if that is ok when using that.

creideamh

Yup, those are both ok (don't ask me why, but apparently it's tested that way... turning the belt into a 5 point and whatnot.)

Dillipop

Did you get the rstv new? If so, the "manual" is in a little hidden pocket on the front of the vest.

I think it looks fine. If you're concerned about slouch while sleeping, the tether should take care of it.

lovemybabies924

Ya slouches pretty bad... How do I fix that? And the belt is bunched because I haven't flipped the buckle yet.. I need help :( I think if it was flat it would still be on his legs more

found my manual in the pocket I didn't know existed lmao

Last edited:

lovemybabies924

ericarizo said:
Love how he's keeping his hand warm

Lmao he was handing Nayeli nuggets and fell asleep mid pass so she only got one, hey u should help me fix the buckle

creideamh

Wow that last pic he just looks so darn tiny. 6 y/o is small for her age, but not that small... plus I always stick her in the miniscule (raised) middle seat, which I think helps with better fit.

Cryssy Jane

Ya slouches pretty bad... How do I fix that? And the belt is bunched because I haven't flipped the buckle yet.. I need help :( I think if it was flat it would still be on his legs more

Maybe it's just me because I don't have a ton of rstv experience but the sleeping picture especially kinda weirds me out. He's just so tiny. Is there a reason another harnessed seat can't go there?

lovemybabies924

his harnessed seat is a frontier...so i dont wanna put that in DH car..ever... the babies snugride35 dosnt install baseless how i like outboard..but then again that might change once i flip that darn buckle.

and the reason i have the RSTV for DH's car is because hes putting DS2 in an olli....i dont want my just turned 4 year old in a backless that he dosn't even weigh enough to be in! so if DH is in the picture pretty much my DS is possibly riding on his lap to drive if its to next door to my moms :eek: ya i had a heart attack but im not allowed to say much to DH w/out it getting turned around into a huge fight about me somehow..:thumbsdown: so I got him to agree to the rstv and im leaving it at that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC