Pictures of forward facing my ride?

love-pink

I've never even tried mine ff, so I have none. How bad is the recline? Is it not comparable with a vehicle if the grey "feet" are not on full contact? Pictures would be the greatest ;)

I've recommended it to 2 friends of mine for erfing but I'm wondering if I should suggest something that will work better for when it's time for them to ff.

ADS

hrice

Let me go play. I've never tried it either. :)

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

Brianna

1117524183_photobucket_49831_.jpg

I'm on my phone so I can only paste one link, but if you search "myride feet touching" you'll find a thread where Graco allows the feet to not touch as long as there is less than one inch of movement.

Here's another one with the feet off the seat, not sure how well it shows but the ball is in the green area as upright as allowed for RF installation
1117524183_photobucket_49799_.jpg

And the thread about the feet touching http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=169182

Last edited:

glockchick

In the center of a 99 suburban. The ball says it's at the perfect angle for rear facing. Thats as upright as I could get it.

b9eed2d5.jpg

NannyMom

In my Sienna it installs with the ball in the green for rear facing. But, I actually like the recline. Especially for long trips :)

momtoo3

Here is one of it next to a GN with ds3 sleeping in it. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it is definitely more reclined than the GN but the ball is not all the way in the green for RF so less than 30*. (The picture was supposed to be of the GN with ds2.)
142.jpg

And here is one without ds3 in it.
004-5.jpg

miraclebabies

Spam said:
OT- momtoo3 what cover is that on the mr? Is that Mavo?

It's either Movo from walmart or another one they don't sell anymore at walmart. A friend of mine has the same cover she found the seat for $55 clearance last yr at walmart, it's really soft and almost like velour feeling.

mimieliza

Just out of curiosity, is there a safety concern with a reclined seat FFing? My DD prefers to be fairly reclined (she is in a Radian XTSL). She sleeps in the seat and a bit of recline means her head doesn't fall forward.

msg221

I've never tried mine FF either. I happen to have my camera with me today at work, the MR installed in my vehicle (in the covered parking garage!) and no plans for lunch, so I think I may have figured out my lunch time plans for today! I'll post pics later!

ETA: In my 2003 Toyota Highlander: I re-installed it FF and it won't get any more upright. The ball is still in the green. I also tried installing it twice and I am not happy with how much movement there is at the belt path when FF. It is definitely more than an inch. I used the seat belt just like I do when RF, but I am not getting that rock solid install like when it is RF. I haven't tried LATCH yet, but was hoping not to because I hate those cheap LATCH connectors. If I can't get this installed tightly FF, then I see some new seats in my future!

P1030812.jpg

Last edited:

Shaunam

I'm also curious about the concern over recline ff'ing. Is it a safety issue or does everyone assume their kids will be uncomfortable reclined? My friend just bought one for her tiny 5 year old (kid is seriously only 28 lbs and maybe 37" tall) and he loves it. It's his "comfy seat". When he's not in the car, her 6 year old insists on riding in it (she usually rides in a booster). Adrian always loved riding in Charlie's MR too. I've actually never met a kid who disliked that seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC