Long Legs in Radian VS. FPSVD

Mom2nj

Ok, got my FPSVD today, now trying to decide where to put it and who to put in it. DD currently has a Radian and DS has a MA. The MA used to be DD's and when I took her out she seem to be almost out of it, now it seems she has more room She often complain on long trips that her legs hurt while riding in the Radian, do you think they would hurt her more in the FPSVD or MA. She will cross her legs in the Radian sometimes, not sure if she can do that in the FPSVD/MA, but I know she will like the padding in the MA/FPSVD better. I know the FPSVD sits in the middle of her thigh were the Radian goes to back of her knees. Any opinions?

ADS

supercrunch

You can't really cross your legs forward facing in a FPSVD.

My super long legged dd is much happier in the Radian than she has ever been in a car seat. She usually slips her shoes off and sits indian style.

The Radian is also the first car seat that we've had that doesn't make my dd's legs fall asleep by cutting into the back of her legs.

easterbun

Definately more leg room in the radian... the bottom of the seat is "longer" if that makes sense - my DS's legs bend at the knee perfectly at the edge of the seat - I would think that with a smaller child, where the legs are shorter, might end up with pressure on their calves which could be uncomfortable, just as pressure on the backs of the thighs is uncomfortable with the "shorter" seats (like the Briax/FP seats).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC