Comfy-Soft for Radian?

mommycat

I have 2 Radians (65s) but I have noticed DS has a hard time getting his head not to flop when he falls asleep. He seems not to want to lean his head sideways because it makes the straps press on his neck, and if he does fall asleep, his head will easily fall forward if he shifts a little. I was thinking I should have got the Premiers (80s) so I could have the toddler pillow option for him, and then I thought maybe they sell the Premier cushions separately... Well, they do, marketed as the Comfy-Soft, for something like $15. I think it would be worth it. I verified with Russ that the Comfy-Soft is the same thing as the Premier cushions. The shell on the 65 and the 80 is basically the same, right? (other than steel strength?)

Would you feel ok using the Comfy-Soft in a Radian65?

ADS

Ahzryn

Well geesh, it is the same thing, I never noticed! I'd feel totally comfortable using it as a parent, since you know the 80 was crash tested with it. As a tech, I'm not sure I could recommend it professionally, but then again we can't really recommend anything.

easterbun

I read somewhere, though I dont recall where (was either here or the carseat board on BC), that it has been crash tested with the 65 and is perfectly fine to use :)

tjham

I would use it!

Also, do you have it in the FF reclined position? I did that with mine and it helped!

ThreeBeans

If it has been specifically crash tested with the 65 I would be comfortable with it. And now I am thinking of ordering one. Thanks for mentioning it!

*adds to list of crap-to-buy*

mommycat

Is this the bottom part of the Comfy-soft?

I guess the stock photo answers it, but yes. You move the side cushions up once baby is bigger. Russ said it comes in the cream and in gray, though I haven't found a grey one yet. I don't have time to look.

I do have the seat in the reclined position, but he still flops, even when parked at the mall (I was waiting for someone, I didn't leave him in the car alone! :) ). I only had him RF in my car in an AOE so I am not used to seeing him so upright now that he is switched all around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC