Clek Oobr peeps! I need photos!

lovinwaves

I need photos of Oobrs installed. More specifically, I want up close photos of the booster near where the buckle is. I'm trying to see if my kids are going to be able to buckle themselves in in our car which has recessed rigid buckles. Thanks!

Here are some photos of what my concern is:

694d5f74.jpg

8444f72e.jpg

55b13313.jpg

ADS

NannyMom

It looks like your lower anchors are too close to the buckle. I put the Oobr in my 3rd row Sienna, and the buckle was right up against the side of Oobr.

brookity

I am walking out the door but I will try to get pics for you when I get back. I do have to say that judging by where the anchors are in relation to the belt stalk, buckling is going to be a pain.

lovinwaves

I guess we could give the Monterrey's a shot again (some members thought the shoulder belt fit was questionable on my kids). Narrow latchable base right? Or am I going to have the same problem with those as well?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Monterey has flexible lower attachments, so that might be better. PWSGL ditto.

The new Monterey has redesigned shoulder belt guides... And comes in better colors.

momtoo3

The new Montereys have a new shoulder belt guide for narrower kids. They should be released really soon. I have no idea on fit in your car though.

lovinwaves

Monterey has flexible lower attachments, so that might be better. PWSGL ditto.

The new Monterey has redesigned shoulder belt guides... And comes in better colors.

Thanks!

The flexible lower attachments might not matter since I'm dealing with quite a big outer bolster on the vehicle seat towards the door. It's going to dictate where the seat is going to be installed. UNLESS, the Monterrey can overlap that bolster successfully. Just have to try one out.

lovinwaves

I need a small as I can get with a seat. Width doesn't matter (well except near the buckle I guess), it's the depth of the seat that does. We sold our ProSports because they took up too much room front to back in the vehicle seat putting the kids super close to the DVD screens and my front seat. Plus it was harder for them to get in and out of the car.

momtoo3

Can you use the middle seatbelt if you use LATCH on the drivers side with the belt overlapping the LATCH guide? In dh's Malibu it is not allowed.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm just in awe of how painful those LATCH bars look for an adult sitting in that seating position. I wonder why they made them all sticky-outy on the X3? :confused:

Holly

What about the pathway B570? The latch connectors aren't rigid and the belt path is designed to make the lap belt fit well on kids who don't fit well in the other compass seats. The arm rest flips up too if that would help your kids to buckle.

momtoo3

The new belt guide has been on Montereys since ... July?

Thank you :)! I had read that here but am waiting for a blue one since I know it will definitely have the new guides. I have to order the seat and can't guarantee the manufacture date. It slipped my mind earlier that some Montereys have the new guides.

lovinwaves

I'm just in awe of how painful those LATCH bars look for an adult sitting in that seating position. I wonder why they made them all sticky-outy on the X3? :confused:

Ah there are plastic covers that I removed prior to photographing the back seat. The backseat would normally look like this. I actually had 3 friends in the back seat last night with the LATCH exposed and no one said they felt them. So I'm guessing the covers are for aesthetic looks only.

2008-bmw-x3-series-awd-4-door-3-0si-rear-seats_100275079_l.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC