Pictures of the Monterey with kiddo's

veggiegirl228

Mainly I'm looking for an idea of how kiddo's look in the Monterey similar to DD for size to see if it would be a good match. TIA :)

She's 50 lbs 46-47" tall, 16" torso with roughly 11" shoulder width.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not sure how tall my DD was when she first moved in to the Monterey, but I'll see what I can find.

I will say that the 2012 Monterey has different placed shoulder belt guides and that it will have corrected pretty much every bit of problem that narrower kids had in the seat.

njkj

Here is a pic of DS he is a little smaller but not much.

DSC00439.jpg

luckyclov

Here's DS1 (8 1/2 years old, 52", 68 lbs) and DD (7 years old, 47.5", 58 lbs) in their Montereys last month or so. They're both on the last height adjustments. They both have "very generous" torsos. DS1 has just about outgrown the back on his.

Montereys.jpg

Here's another of DD, when she was probably more exact to your DD's height/weight.

Monterey.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
These are from when we bought the Monterey for our truck. She was 5.5yrs old, I'm not sure what her height was but it might be in one of my old posts from when I first posted pictures of her in the seat. She was in the neighborhood of 45lbs I think but don't quote me on that. :eek: I think I moved the headrest up one position from the one where my hand is on the edge of her shoulder, but that's not something I remember for sure anymore either.

125mcr6.jpg

x6lzk3.jpg

2qsqcyf.jpg

This one is more recent. My dd would've been 7yrs old, about 54lbs or so, and a good bit taller than your dd - she's about 52" tall now and this picture was taken just a couple months ago.

ta1tds.jpg

eta: The gray seat is the original Monterey. The red seat is a 2010 date of manufacture. I'll have pictures of the newest Diono Monterey in about 5 weeks or so when I get my seats from them and I'll be able to compare the fit between them all then if anybody wants a comparison. :thumbsup:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
picture.php

This is DH's granddaughter. The Monterey fits her like a glove. She weighs approximately 50 lbs. At the time I took this picture I think she was 48" tall and just below the top slots of the Radian, so I would guess she's about the same size/shape as your DD, or at least was a few months ago. She's a little bigger now and of course it still fits her. :)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
picture.php

This is my friend's daughter. She is quite a lot smaller. She's maybe 43 lbs and really slightly framed with small shoulders. I think it fits her OK but not great. I expect she'll grow into it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC