I like the ComfortSport...gasp!

T4K

I think it will be the seat I send to my parents for use when we visit a few times a year.

I tried her out in seats at Walmart and I liked how it wasn't too wide and how the seat seemed to fit her pretty well.

It also should be narrow enough so that other adults can sit in the back seat.

Oh, and she's almost able to go to the next slots :)

3eb66c76.jpg

N is 10 months, 17ish pounds, and this is a walmart pic, not actual installation!

ADS

bubbaray

Does the CS still have the restriction that you can't use the top slots for RFg ?? I believe it only RFs to 30lbs. If I were buying a convertible now, I would buy a seat that RFs to a higher weight.

FWIW, I used to own 2 CS and hated them.

T4K

I'll buy another seat if she can't rearface until 3 but at her size I think she will take a while to get there.

If I had big kids, this wouldn't be a good seat.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
It's a good seat when you know and understand its limitations. Sounds like you do and are willing to purchase a seat to RF longer if needed.

Susan

NVMBR02

I like the comfortsport too. My niece made it until almost 3 rearfing in it and I would guess my 26 month old has another year or more before she outgrows it. It does have its limitations but it isn't bad for every situation.

My 14 month old is in a comfort sport and I like it its narrow enough to work with three seats across in my van my DD fits beautifully in it but she is a tiny little thing only 27 inches tall almost 18 pounds she likes her seat and cry's if I put her in her infant seat to ride in grandma's car if she outgrowths it RF before 2.5 I will buy her a different seat but

BabyKaykes

I didn't like that the straps never tightened evenly once DS was older. I would like it more if they would put in a true splitter plate, and not that single one they have now.

Loved the fit on a 2mth old I used to watch, though.

Angela

I did a seat check the other day with a child that had just turned 2 and it was just about outgrown forward facing. She asked if she could move him to big brother's high back booster. Did a little educating this that family.
It is a nice seat for those little kiddos though!

bubbaray

Yes, I know, and he has well more than one inch of shell above his head :)

I'm confused. Are we talking about the OPs' DD or the PP's DS (jourdysmom)? Because the boy looks to me like his head is level with the top of the shell. The baby in the OP does have plenty of room in the photo, but its on a shelf, not installed.

I'll admit, I'm very biased, I really disliked that seat with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm confused. Are we talking about the OPs' DD or the PP's DS (jourdysmom)? Because the boy looks to me like his head is level with the top of the shell. The baby in the OP does have plenty of room in the photo, but its on a shelf, not installed.

I'll admit, I'm very biased, I really disliked that seat with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

I was talking about the poster that I quoted, jourdysmom, who's son has several inches of shell above his head.

bubbaray

I was talking about the poster that I quoted, jourdysmom, who's son has several inches of shell above his head.

Um, I'm not seeing it. That photo shows his head pretty much level with the top of the seat. It might even be over the actual shell, IIRC the CS has padding under the top of the cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC