Disapointed in fellow tech/co-worker.

zactayaus

I had to call in one of my co-workers today to help out. I had over 20 moms and babies being discharged and there was just no way I could check all their seats by myself (the person who was supposed to be working with me called out). This particular co-worker is awesome to work with. She's always preaching best practice and seems to really know her stuff. She did the Dorel Booster Webinar and even texted me afterward to comment on how great the info was. Well any way she wasnt' planning on working today so she had to bring her son in with her. She pulled in to the parking lot while I was outside helping a dad install his seat and what do I see...her 10yo average size kiddo not only not in a booster (this I would have dismissed as it is possible he could pass the 5-step test in her car) but he was in the front seat!:eek: IDK, I'm just a little disappointed. I really thought she was better than that.:(

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
One of the techs I work with does that too :( heck the head of our state coalition has her 9 year old up front in a backless booster. It's very sad :( luckily a couple other techs and I are planning on working on getting a front seat law.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The head of my SafeKids told my (then 4'3"ish) 9yo that she was big enough not to need a booster. Luckily, my daughter knows better.

bnsnyde

We some some awesome seats/installs today at karate and then the kids jumped in, parents pulled off w/o buckling the kids. Maybe the kids buckled during the drive. But...not good.

And I was taught that if a kid at a check is 8, no booster. That's the law. Doesn't need it.
:eek:

Legally maybe not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC