My Successes yesterday

cpsaddict

I worked last night at BRU and I had a good car seat night! A mom came in looking for new seats for her 4.5 yr old twins that each weighed 36 lbs. She had the Turbo in her cart and she asked me if they were safe. Well, technically, yes. We talked for a few minutes more and she said she just felt like the boosters weren't right because her girls were so small. I showed her the Apex and asked what she drove(an 05 Suburban, so it has headrests) and she ended up getting two Apexes! I was so happy! Her girls were in AO's and she is passing those onto her 8mth old(they are not expired, I asked).

Then a mom came in and she was trying a pretty big kid(like over 7) in boosters. I was excited and asked herr if she had any questions. He was 8 3/4 and had just outgrown a Husky! :thumbsup: He had been in it since age 3 or so. The seat belt still didn't fit right even though he is just over 80lbs. She liked the Air Booster, but left to look into the B510 and the Parkway.

Anyway, it was a great night in car seat land! LOL

ADS

Loves2sing

Awesome! I am so glad that you work there! At least we now know that your town's BRU is giving good advice! Are you educating the other employees as well?

cpsaddict

Awesome! I am so glad that you work there! At least we now know that your town's BRU is giving good advice! Are you educating the other employees as well?

Yes, I worked there from 02-05 and I got everybody trained to my liking. I was the supervisor. Now, one of the people I trained is one of the assistant managers! Yeah! So, our store is definately doing better. My old store manager, who had to listen to me go on and on about car seats, is now the manager at the other BRU in Oregon!

scatterbunny

Woohoo, good for you, Jacky! :D I'm member of OrSIG (an email group on Yahoo), it stands for Oregon Special Interest Group. I joined it because it has lots of homeschoolers on it. I posted about the new Oregon law and of course most everyone wasn't happy, moaning about government interference in parenting issues. :rolleyes: But a few asked me for advice, both on-list and off-list, and I recommended going to Tigard BRU on Sundays, and looking for Jacky. :love:

cpsaddict

Woohoo, good for you, Jacky! :D I'm member of OrSIG (an email group on Yahoo), it stands for Oregon Special Interest Group. I joined it because it has lots of homeschoolers on it. I posted about the new Oregon law and of course most everyone wasn't happy, moaning about government interference in parenting issues. :rolleyes: But a few asked me for advice, both on-list and off-list, and I recommended going to Tigard BRU on Sundays, and looking for Jacky. :love:

That's funny! When I got to work last night, the person going off shift told me that someone called and said they got an email that a tech worked at Tigard. They thought my name was Janet. The other associate was soo confused. I generally don't tell people outright that I am a tech. If they ask me, I just say I took the 40 hr training class. They have no idea what that means, but they are impressed enough to listen. LOL That's how I get around the don't tell anyone you're a tech rule!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
cool! I've tried a couple times, timidly, to encourage people NOT to get the stupid AO3-in-1, but it's never worked...people are just SO thrilled its the "only seat they'll ever have to buy"...and the sad part is..IT IS probably the only seat they'll ever buy....*sigh*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC