Question What are the height for the harness slots for tallest RF seats, including Swedish?

tam_shops

Processing the car seat musicals chairs that is about to happen in my car. The *practical* choice for me is probably the Frontier for my ODS, but he's asking to continue RF, so I thought I'd at least explore the possibility of continuing that including: logistics, Height & Price.

I'm sure I've read the multi-tech is $600 to ship to the US, right? And, it is *legal* to import it there, right? It is NOT legal to import it in Canada, right? And, it is illegal to use it in both countries, right? Anything else? Oh, if they catch me w/ it installed in my car returning through the border (which I do often) technically, at any point, they can take it, right? That, kind if diminishes the practicality of it but it's all part of the processing process! LOL

What is the Harness height? How much taller it in the the RN? RN is 17", right? Weight is 50#/25kg, right?

It's ~$600 US, right?

THIS is the seat, right? . Is there a best suggested, easier place to order it?

Would anyone here (or has anyone) bought one to continue RF a 5 3/4yo.

Anything else?

Thanks!

tam

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I agree that I would not purchase a new seat at all, let alone an expensive and illegal one, to continue RFing an almost-6yo unless there were special needs.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My dd once asked to rf after she'd been ff'ing for a year. She was 5 yrs old at the time. I simply told her that at her age and size the proper way for her to ride was ff'ing and that was the end of it.

I was not about to buy a new seat just to rf my 5yr old who was over 40lbs and didn't have special needs.

Add in the illegal and repeated potential confiscation at the border, and I can't imagine any circumstance in the absence of special needs where I'd encourage it.

Sometimes kids are quite perceptive and they pick up things that we're passionate about. I'm pretty sure that this was the case with my dd - and perhaps it's the case with your ds too? I've learned to never underestimate how perceptive kids can be... sometimes they overhear things said to friends or someone else and we unknowingly enable them, or sometimes they quietly pick up our own little worries and anxieties and translate it in to their own actions... Not saying that is what's happened with your ODS, but it's something to consider. :eek:

Long story short? I'd just tell him no that he has to ff when the time comes. In the grand scheme of things, you're probably not that far off from starting to booster him so you might want to think about that too. ;)

tam_shops

Thanks everyone! Won't do it, I promise, still curious, does anyone know the harness height?

It's really the border confiscation that pushes me to reality and how ridiculous it would be, and how would you get home if they took your child's seat!? lol

As for him picking up on my own anxiety about car seat safety, it's not indirect or perception in my house, I'll admit it, it's direct! LOL There is no debate for safety in our house, dh is as bad as me. You sit in a car seat b/c it is safer and we want you safe if something happens. Then, you're probably right, the little comments I make to friends in parking lots are probably over heard and processed at their level...It's so sad that the 1yo is FF. It's so sad the 3yo is in a booster.

THOUGH, I directly told him at 5yo, that he could FF if he wanted to, but he declined. I think it's easier for him to see RF, easier to play with his brother and the big one in our car is his brother RF kicks anyone that is FF in the head. ODS has seen YDS kick ODS's friends on more than one occasion. Only way around that is to put both boys outboard. If they go outboard, then no friends can carpool with us. My middle seat has no head rest and it'd be a tight fit to get a booster in there anyway...

As for booster training, I debated that recently, even his Kindergarten teacher has said he has ants in his pants. He *gets* the safety aspect, but I've seen his friend sitting in a booster (his mom is the same as me, he's in a Frontier) in our car, off w/ the shoulder belt, bending reaching, grabbing...It distracts me from driving.

I could save myself a lot of money and use my spare GN, I might even give it a try, but think over-all I'd prefer a Frontier...I have no problem spending the money, I've had so many accidents over the years my car seats have been replaced almost annually and I will be able to CL a 1.5yo MA that otherwise would be expired in a few months. I won my RN off FB and would otherwise already have bought ODS a Frontier. YDS will *eventually* use the seat and I'll sell the RN before it expires...Bought my baby bucket on sale, then sold it for almost what I paid for it and then borrowed buckets for YDS...

Thanks for agreeing that it's ridiculous FOR ME to buy a Swedish seat! LOL

tam

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC