New Diono Seats

ripley

Has anyone seen/played with/used the new Diono seats? We will be needed a new seat for DD to do a three across in my trailblazer. I was planning to get one of the new ones, until DH really balked at the price. DS has a 80SL and I really like it, and it installs really well in our car. Basically I am slightly concerned about the latch slipping issue, but I get a good seatbelt install so I am not really that concerned.

So just looking for opinions on why the new seat is much better. I am also concerned that it might be wider as well, because I really need as narrow as I can get.

Thanks.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Haven't seen one in person, but unless the newer DOM and getting the full 8 year lifespan out of the seat were important to me, I'd save the $$ and get a clearance SK Radian instead. I'm quite happy with mine and I don't see any compelling features on the new ones that I would want.

NannyMom

I've seen them in person. The only think I think that is better, is they have better colors/covers.

Lemonade

Saw one in person the other day. It looks a little bit different but basically the same size and all. If you are OK with the covers on the Radians (the 'old' ones) then I'd take advantage of those being on clearance. I'd never use a Diono seat as a booster and I can't see any other compelling reason to get one. OK, besides the prettier covers.

cookie123

What about the adjuster strap? No change in that either? I'm really disappointed if they didn't change it. Really that's the only thing I don't like.

crunchierthanthou

I don't think the booster function is worth the upgrade. The 50 lb minimum and shoulder belt guide remove a lot of the usefulness- it's too high in the R100/120. Not to mention by the time the child has outgrown the harness by height, they've also outgrown it as a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC