Prodigy Seat

ADS

Cath3114

I played around with the seat at BRU briefly. Looks pretty cool. Complicated, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
joolsplus3 said:
Why? There's nothing new about the technology itself....:confused:

But the technology itself has been known to damage seatbelts over time...

Unless theirs is different. In which case it is new.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
But the technology itself has been known to damage seatbelts over time...

Unless theirs is different. In which case it is new.

:yeahthatmad:

I want scientific explanations of how it's different from the MightyTite, and assurances/proof, preferably in writing, of how it won't damage a belt especially when installed for a year, uninstalled, and reinstalled for another year 2 years later, before I'm putting it in a vehicle in which I ever want to use the belt again. I'm that concerned about ratchets that can remove 5 inches plus past a human-strength tight install.

I have no concerns about the performance of the seat. It passed testing, yada yada. I'm concerned about the belt after using it for months on end. They didn't install the seat in a 7 year old car, leave it for a year, take it out, put it in again, take it out a few months later, and then put a different seat in and crash test the car.

Or if they did, they didn't tell us.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
ketchupqueen said:
:yeahthatmad:

I want scientific explanations of how it's different from the MightyTite, and assurances/proof, preferably in writing, of how it won't damage a belt especially when installed for a year, uninstalled, and reinstalled for another year 2 years later, before I'm putting it in a vehicle in which I ever want to use the belt again. I'm that concerned about ratchets that can remove 5 inches plus past a human-strength tight install.

I do want someone else to recreate my experiment.

In the video of Heather (I think?) demonstrating at ABC, it looked like she had a much easier time with it than I did. It made me wonder if maybe they recalibrated the seat to not need as much tension or something.

Which also led me to wonder if differences in calibration could lead one seat to need lots and lots of tightness, and others not so much.

But ultimately, I still think the seat adds time and complication rather than making anything easier. Just pull the darn LATCH strap and be done.

Cath3114

ketchupqueen said:
I'd go play with one, but I'm unwilling to risk my seatbelts...

Damn, if I had seen it a week ago, I would have played with it in my old car. I'm getting rid of it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC