Question Evenflo generations

Amdemarest

Hi
I was given an evenflo generations for one of the kids I watch to use as a booster. I am having a problem with the arm rests popping out. Before I take them off I wanted to know if this was allowed? I have checked the manual and have found nothing to answer my question.

Thanks in advance
Amanda

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
No - those "arm rests" are the lap belt guides that are keeping the belt low if you're using it as a booster.

How old is the child using the seat? The Generations generally doesn't make a great booster in terms of fit. The shoulder belt needs to be even across the collarbone - not cutting into the neck or sliding off the shoulder. And the lap belt needs to be low on the hips/high on the thighs.

Also, you mentioned the seat was given to you - did it come from a trusted source where you know the history that it has never been in any kind of crash and is not expired?

Edit to add- I thought there was a blog post about that seat specifically in booster mode, here are some good pictures that talk about the Generations in booster mode: http://carseatblog.com/1052/evenflo-generationsbolero-as-a-booster-part-iv-combo-seat-series/

Amdemarest

Thanks for that information. I kinda knew they were there for a reason. I just really can't stand the seat. I will be looking for a new seat over the weekend. The seat is the little girls, I know her parents bought it for either her or her brother, the seat is also not expired.

Thanks for pointing me towards some information.

Amanda

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
You're welcome! If you're looking for a harnessed seat - the Evenflo Maestro is a great option, around $75 the harness goes to 50 lbs and makes a much better booster than the Generations.

For a dedicated booster, a Graco Turbo Booster is a great high back option, you can find them under $50 pretty easily.

Glad you're keeping your daycare kiddos safe, great job! :)

Mommy2Marcus

I own the Generations seat for my 5 year old. He still fits in the harness, but he has a short torso. I would never use this seat as a booster b/c the belt fit is almost always bad. It just does not position the belt well at all.

Can you get the harness for it back & check to see if she will still fit into the harness of the seat? How old is the child?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC