I HATE the nautilus right now. HATE HATE HATE!!!

arly1983

My DH's cousin is coming to do his once in a blue moon visit to his parents. They are flying in with their 1 yr old as a lapbaby (yep, been there and said that). His mom requested to borrow a carseat from me for a couple of weeks. I let them take DS2's triumph advance. He sleeps great in it. The only other harnessed seat ** I have is the nautilus. So he is in that and I HATE it on him. He is JUST BARELY needing the next up slots which makes for an awful uncomfortable fit and he can't seem to sleep at all in it and ends up raging mad. :mad: He has about an inche to grow in the triumph advance and I keep telling myself to keep him in that and then he will fit the GN better but still....

I am *this* close to getting him something else. *THIS* close!

I am going to tear my hair out if I have to deal with this for 12 more days. :mad: :eek:

ETA: ***I have another harnessed seat but I never think of it because its J's seat and he is always in it.***

Last edited:
ADS

Kayleen

I used the GN and loved them except when DD was sleeping. She would have horrid head slump. Didn't seem to bother her, but I didn't like it. We got the Britax Frontier 85 and I couldn't be happier. 10 harness/headwing height adjustments, and NO headslump! Headwings are always where we want them to be when adjusting to the next setting. DD falls asleep often in it. I love it. Well worth the investment. You can find them for $208-$212 on Amazon.

arly1983

Arly

Is it any better for him to sleep in the GN now that you reclined it?

When the seat was upright, no, not really. Since neither my car manual or the nautilus manual said anything about how much you could recline the seat, I just did two clickes. It makes a HUGE difference. It puts him from right over the next slots to about half way between and its just reclined enough so that he can sleep. It doesn't look comfy to me but he was sleeping with no interuptions this morning so it can't be that bad. ;)

Ah, I think I see where you're going. If 1yo is FF, they might as well deal with the GN.

Exactly. I'm hoping the 1 year old is rf, though.

No, he is not RFing sadly. I got such a hostile attack when I mentioned the new 2 yr recommendations I almost told them they could buy their own seat. I was terribly afraid they would go to a thrift store and i had already agreed but next time I don't think I am going to be loaning anything. Last time was about11 months ago so he was only 8 weeks old so I think by the time they come again I probably will have cooled off.

I sent the EFTA because its my older seat at over 4 yrs old just in case something happens to it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC