Arg!!!!!!

didymama

the old saybrook PD are IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my friends was loading her kids in her van when i noticed that the seatbelt was in the wrong belt path. she has her son FF in a triumph and the seat belt and the LATCH were used for RF!!! and the LATCH was not even in the right place! i pointed the stickers to her and she agreed and said that she would have her DH look at it when she got home and they might go there with manual in hand and show how they did it wrong. she is a very safety consious person who was trying to do the right thing by getting them checked and the PD was totally wrong. she thanked me and has my number if she needs me. the seat was installed solidly at least, just so very wrong!!! this goes to show that the PD are not always right.

i thank this board for educating me to the point that i saw this out of the corner of my eye. her son was already in the seat and at his end so un/re installing on the spot was not going to be feasible.

ADS

Cathyliz

Senior Community Member
At least YOU caught it! They told us in our class that we should ideally work in pairs--two sets of eyes are better than one. That's not always possible, though. We're all human, but boy that was a doosey of a mistake! Good job catching it. :thumbsup:

Loves2sing

I am so glad that you said something! Many times, I just ignore it as I am tired of being so confrontational. Good for you! You may have given me the courage to speak up next time!

didymama

i have started being selective about speaking up. there are ALOT of people where i live that apparently just don't care if their kids die or not (yes they are that bad here-i am not being harsh). i've seen 2 yo with nothing but the seatbelt-if that- on a semi routine basis. i swear 911 knows my voice. and to think this is in CT where we have really good car seat laws.

lovinwaves

Yep, I just did a seatcheck for a lady that had a Fireman do her seats. He had the FF'ing Triumph (for a child that could have been rear-facing) in the rear-facing beltpath, and the seat was very loose..

Good for you for saying something :)

-Melissa-

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC