Pics of DS in the MyRide

glockchick

I figured I'd try this first since it's the least expensive option. :)

Let me first say that this thing is huge! It fits where I need it to but barely. I haven't tried to buckle the booster next to it yet.

He fits the same height wise as he does in the RN but it seems a little narrow at his shoulders. I had DD sit in it and she's below the top slots but says it's too narrow for her.

View attachment 12677

I also tried him in the RA 50 at Target but I don't like the lack of head support.

View attachment 12679

So what do you think? Keep or return?

ADS

Aurezalia

For FF only? Honestly, *I* would try the Prosport out also. It'd quite likely fit better in your vehicle, and you'd get waaaaaaayyy more use out of it for him - more expensive up front, but way less in the long run.

But, it's working for you pretty darn well, it looks like, and if you like it, keep it!

glockchick

I *wish* I could afford 2 prosports. I'd need one for each vehicle. They look great. But being a newly single mom of six, I'm pinching pennies wherever I can. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I can get used to just how huge the MR is compared to the RN or even the old MA we had before. DS does seem to love it though. I may try him in it RFing, but last time I tried in the RN, he griped and griped. He wants to be FFing and I figure at 3 1/2, he can choose.

Aurezalia

I *wish* I could afford 2 prosports. I'd need one for each vehicle. They look great. But being a newly single mom of six, I'm pinching pennies wherever I can. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I can get used to just how huge the MR is compared to the RN or even the old MA we had before. DS does seem to love it though. I may try him in it RFing, but last time I tried in the RN, he griped and griped. He wants to be FFing and I figure at 3 1/2, he can choose.

Yeah, so in that case? It fits, you like it, he likes it, it works for you, and it's much more affordable. Keep it! :)

glockchick

He has tons of room to grow taller, just not much wider. That concerns me. DD still fits by height but it's too narrow for her to squeeze into.

I wish there was a true fit I could try locally.

glockchick

Ugh. I'm reading the manual and it says I can only use the harness covers rear facing. That may be a deal breaker for me. :(

Jillybeans5

Did you say you still had an extra frontier laying around that could work in the car? If so you could just buy one prosport for the burb if it works. He does look pretty comfy in that MR for now.

glockchick

Yep. This is true. I can put him in the FR in the car and a PS in the burb.

Now how do I go about ordering something with the tech discount? :eek:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
There should be info in the tech forum, but you need to call Gayle at Recaro... or at least that's what I needed to do when I ordered mine. I got it because it was what would fit, but I found I really love it! :)

Mags462

Not trying to persuade you to not get a Recaro seat, but the TF is on sale at kids woot right now for $105 shipped. I pink sparkly heart mine. :D It's so nice and tall AND wide plus you can get it upright.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC