Tuscon by Hyundai

Katy

Does anyone here have experience with this SUV? I have some questions about fitting 3 across in it :) ETA a 2006 model or similar

ADS

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I have a 2005. I think it would be very difficult to get 3 across due to the way the seats slope in at the sides. A rfing radian fits really well though. Like it was made for this vehicle. What are the ages of the children?

Katy

Not 100% sure on the ages but
#1 is 8ish in a NB TB, He is 84 pounds and 4ft7.
#2 is 5ish He's 47inches and 44 pounds in a GN. (I don't think he is ready for booster fulltime yet but I can ask)
#3 is on the way.

The mom is looking for carseat recommendations for both infant bucket and convertibles. She said money wasn't an issue since she can put it on layaway or pay when she gets her taxes back. She also has no problem moving #2 into a slimmer seat if needed.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I can try a few things. The GN will not work I don't think. I have a turbo, a MR and a radian I can try out later. I think it is going to be tough.

Katy

also what convertables fit newborns well? I know that the RN and CCO do, are their others? Which infant buckets have a small footprint besides the SN35 and the keyfit30.

U

Unregistered

I have an 05 and LOVE it. I worked as a nanny over the summer and had three boosters in the back. It was a complete PAIN to buckle each but they fit. I'm thinking with proper placements of seats it could work. Maybe Radians and Marathon? The seat is probably too narrow to fit three across but maybe since the Marathon could overlap? I'd love to see pictures, previous poster!

Mingie

CPST Instructor
The MR fits newborns well. I can't answer the infant seat part. I will play around after lunch. It is going to be a tight squeeze!

Mingie

CPST Instructor
So I was able to get a 3 across with a radian installed with the seatbelt in the centre. It required the female end of the buckle stalk to be twisted two full turns. Then a turbo behind the driver. It isn't the easiest thing to buckle. I was able to get a rfing radian behind the passenger seat but it is more upright than 45 degrees needed for a newborn. I used the seatbelt to install and also had to twist down the buckle two full twists. The MR was a no go outboard. It doesn't puzzle well with the radian centre.

I tried the MR centre but I couldn't get a configuration to work out. Mostly because of where the middle shoulder belt comes from on the ceiling. That part made everything difficult!

But I also tried a Evenflo Titan outboard and it fit really well. It fits newborns well I believe but wouldn't be a long lasting seat. If her kids are small it could work for a while.

I can post pics if you want also. I need to get them off my camera, but it will have to wait until after dinner.

It might be worthwhile to see if the 5 year old fit in a radian if they are not ready to booster him. HTHs a little. And maybe someone will chime in about infant seats. I don't have one at my disposal.

kam1011

Regarding infant seats, I don't know about that vehicle specifically, but we've had success with the Combi Shuttle in 3 across situations, so you may want to check that one out, too. It was easy to buckle the booster next to it because of the shape of the base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC