Help choosing a car seat for my toddler that fits in a small car

Mayra

Hello!
I am looking for a car seat my toddler can use RF, she will be 3 in january, she's currently 25 lbs and 35 inches (we are petite yes) and I have a 2002 - 4 door chevrolet cavalier with no latch. I would like to have her in the middle seat, we are currenlty using a graco nautilus but i'm going back to RF I do not feel comfortable having her forward facing.

I have been looking at the graco my ride but I think she will outgrow it by height first so I guess there's no need in having a 40 lbs limit car seat if the shell is short.

I have also been looking at the tru fit but I'm not sure if it will fit in our car?

Same with the radian, and I have never owned a britax, are they really worth it? I mean the price is really high.

Oh and most of the time it's only husband, daughter and me in the car, no one else rides with us in the back seat most of the time if that helps.

Thank you!

ADS

ahgirls

If you have baby's r us or buy baby (sorry don't know the whole name ). Try out some different seats especially the my ride.

The my ride does take up as much install room front to back as other seats. Also the seat is deep & last for a while rear facing. I have heard some kids out grow rear facing the same time as front facing in the my ride. Since you already have a ff only seat that shouldn't be a problem.

Britax is a user friendly seat. Great for family to use & simply to install. There new shells are shorter & kids don't last as long RF or ff in them.

Kaitsmom

I drive a Ford Focusand my 3 yr old dd is in a classic Marathon, she is ffing because shes over the weight limit to rf, but it fits fine rfing and I am 5'9 and can still drive with it behind me. Shes 42 inches tall and I tried her in a MyRide today for the heck of it and she still fit, not much room to grow, but she loved it and was begging for one!

How long is your DDs torso? The MyRide is $100 at Target this week.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
With such a peanut, the TrueFit would be a perfect seat for you. It only has a 35lb RF limit, but a very tall shell. They are carrying it at Babies R Us now, under the Lamaze name, so you should be able to try it in your car.

Although the MR will probably be outgrown by height first, as petite as your daughter is, that may not be a problem. I watched a peanut of a girl who was probably 40" and about 35lbs at 5 years and she still fit RF in the MR with room to spare. (I tried to turn her FF around her 5th birthday and she got mad at me and made me turn her back, lol!)

Mayra

Thank you! I havent measured her torso this lasts months so I'm not sure! but i'm definetily looking at the myride now.

Mayra

With such a peanut, the TrueFit would be a perfect seat for you. It only has a 35lb RF limit, but a very tall shell. They are carrying it at Babies R Us now, under the Lamaze name, so you should be able to try it in your car.

Although the MR will probably be outgrown by height first, as petite as your daughter is, that may not be a problem. I watched a peanut of a girl who was probably 40" and about 35lbs at 5 years and she still fit RF in the MR with room to spare. (I tried to turn her FF around her 5th birthday and she got mad at me and made me turn her back, lol!)

Thank you Carrie, she is a peanut lol.
That's the reason I was thinking the true fit may be a better option for us, does BRU's let you try in the car? I didnt know that, thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC