Graco Cosmic?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Prepping for a group check I'm doing with a moms group tomorrow, and on my list is a mom who says she has a "Graco Cosmic from Europe." I think she has a 19 month old in it, the list isn't very clear as to which seat is for which kid (she has 3).

Can anyone tell me anything about it? I'm not sure what to expect, judging by the other seats she has and the way she described them, I'm guessing she doesn't have it for the purposes of high weight ERFing, but I could be wrong.

ADS

MomToEliEm

It appears that it is a convertible seat so it does rearface. From this site it states:

http://kidsincars.blogspot.com/2007/11/which-rear-facing-car-seats-is.html
Overview of rear facing car seats available in Norway(the infant seats are not included in this list):

Akta Graco Cosmic Comfort 0 - 25 kg, approved up till 18 kg in the backseat and 25 kg in the front seat(NB! It it not allowed to have a rear facing child in the front seat where there is an active airbag).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If she brings her instructions, there will be some in English (as that's required for all EU seats.)

18 kg is 40 lbs.

If she has no airbag or a disable switch in the front seat, it can be used there to 55 lbs.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
If she brings her instructions, there will be some in English (as that's required for all EU seats.)

Oh good, thank you! Through some good ol fashioned FB stalking I determined she's from Finland, so that explains the odd mix of seats they have. The pictures in the manual I found were making me a little nervous with all the tethering, I've seen one MT once, but that's the only Swedish seat experience I've had. I ran some of it through google translator but that only helped so much! :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The good news is, the English in the manual may be pretty bad, but there will be pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Most of them tend to have wordless diagrams, and then instructions referring to those diagrams in all the required languages. :)

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
How was it?

I actually didn't really touch it - her whole setup was a little bit of a mess. She had an T&C van and her kids were 6, 3.5, & 19 months. The 6 y/o was in a Compass HBB, 3.5 y/o in a Vantage in booster mode, and the 19 month old was FF in the Cosmic, but she also had a Complete Air that she wanted to RF him in. She had lost the Cosmic Foot Prop, and I wasn't sure if it could be used RF without it. The older boys were in the 3rd row, and the toddler in a captian's chair... we tried to put the CA RF in the captain's chair, but to even anywhere close to the line level, I had to move the passenger seat all the way forward.

The 3 year old didn't even CLOSE to belong in a booster, and of course the Vantage belt fit was awful anyway. So we put him FF in the CA, she left the Cosmic FF but she is going to go buy a convertible for the baby to RF him. She really wanted some kind of anti rebound, so she was going to go to BRU and decide between a Britax seat or a TFP. She emailed me yesterday asking more questions about ARB vs tethering, sounds like she was going to order a TFP online, so yay!

She said they got the Cosmic when the 6 year old was about 9 months old, I have no idea what the expiration is but I'm figuring it didn't have tons of life left anyway, combined with the missing prop, she didn't want to keep using it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC