Question What seats are good for sleeping FFing?

glockchick

DS's head falls forward in the RN XTSL in both my Civic and the Suburban. I have the recline foot down already and it's installed as reclined as I can get it. RFing him is not an option.

He's 3 1/2 years old, 35 lbs, and right at the second to top slot on the RN.

Is there anything he'll sleep better in that he won't outgrow right away?

I still have a FR 85 that I haven't been able to sell (just traded for a Maui Blue cover, so excited!) so I'll try that for him, but it's really a bit too wide for where I need it in the suburban.

What other seats would you try? I know a GN won't work.

ADS

christineka

Have you tried putting the body pillow in for a head pillow? My kids like to rest their heads sideways on the head pillow.

Aurezalia

Is the head slump bothering him? Because it's not a safety thing for older kids. If he's not complaining, I'd leave it, honestly. :)

If it is bothering him, the Prosport tends to be good for sleeping if I recall correctly.

glockchick

It does bother him. It wakes him up and he's really grumpy.

In the car, it's not a big deal because we just zip around town in it so he rarely sleeps. The suburban is a bigger deal because that's my long trip vehicle and he's right next to other kids. When he wakes up pissy, he kicks, pinches, and screams and pretty much makes the trip miserable for everyone else. :rolleyes:

momtoo3

The MyRide is awesome FF for sleeping. It has a natural recline. Ds3 sleeps in his all the time with no head slump. He also sleeps well in his TFP FF.

featherhead

My 2 1/2 year old has been forward-facing a few times, and she slept really well in the Momentum. My 4 year old does not sleep well in either the Nautilus or the True Fit. The True Fit is just too wide at the top, and there was no where to rest her head.

Keeanh

'Nuff said. :p

I love that pic :love:. I wish I'd taken pictures of my then-4yo sleeping in the FF MR. It's now RF for my 3yo.

It's definitely the best FF sleeping seat I've owned. Because it's so reclined, it loses some harness height though. Beth outgrew it FF back in the spring. She still fits in the RN, although I'm not sure by how much (she's never actually ridden in it, just sat in it long enough to say she preferred the FR). I'm sure someone else can help you with that. But if you don't have any answers tomorrow, I can check for you. Right now they're both installed RF so if someone already knows, that would be easier ;).

Twinklefae

We have the MyRide and the TrueFit and my big kid sleeps well in both of them. He doesn't like the Radian for long trips though - we only did it once and he complained mercilessly.

TheQueenMother

That is my biggest complaint about the radian, the lack of head support while sleeping. I used the myride for my ds3 on our last more than 6 hour drive and was pleased. Noah like the TF okay but it is so wide, his head lays on his shoulder and looks uncomfy.
The evenflo seats are fabulous for sleeping but are super wide for a three across. I had the EFTA but love the look of the momentum and the symphony.
How is the complete air for head slump, that seat is also fairly narrow?

Spam

We've had luck with fr85, prosport, maestro and of course the MyRide. He did okay in the tf too, like pps mentioned it's just kinda wide at the top. That's just one of the many reasons I don't like the radian very much, it's worse than the gn for us.

gigi

My kid has hellacious head slump in every FF seat he's been in (EFTA, BLVD 65, Maestro). He just goes total limp noodle when he sleeps. Luckily he doesn't mind.

He even had head slump in his RF BLVD if it was installed more upright than 45...at 3 years old LOL.

I've heard the Maestro is good for most kids though, especially if your vehicle seats aren't ram rod upright like mine are :)

Maybe the new Evenflo seats will be better bc of the adjustable headwinds.

Katy

My 7yr says that the FR85 is way more comfortable to sleep in than the RN. The regent is his top sleeping seat.

skylinphoto

My ds sleeps well in his ffing radian xt.

But he sleeps best in his recaro signo. He even cried when I had to switch seats out. I hate how high up it sits. But that is one seriously comfortable ffing seat according to my kid.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC