Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

The Warmest Fleece

I know...yet another jacket thread! But I am really struggling to find really really warm fleece jackets for my DD's. Especially ones with hoods. I've read in other older threads that in other years people have found double layered fleece with a wind protection layer in between. Anyone know if these are around? Where they were/are from?

What is the warmest fleece you've come across this year?
    Mom to two princesses riding in a FF FRXT & RXT and a FF FRXT & BV, and a little dude RF'ing in a Peg Convertible & a MR.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: The Warmest Fleece

My kids wear their Land's End fleece jackets most often. The have hoods and elastic around the cuffs. They make different ones with different temp ratings. I bought these last year when they had an awesome sale and they still look like new. I am not sure if I would want a double layer of fleece with a layer of windbreaker in between though. As it is, with just a single layer of fleece we struggle to adjust the jacket and get the harness buckled without loosening it from where it is without a jacket. I wouldn't want to add the bulk. Although, I am not a tech, so hopefully one will come along and add to this. Regardless of whether is is safe or not, I wouldn't want that much fabric to deal with when buckling.

Sydnee 1/6/07 34lbs
    Kip 6/15/09 26lbs RF
    Different seats for different days

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: The Warmest Fleece

Quote Originally Posted by Chila88 View Post
    I know...yet another jacket thread! But I am really struggling to find really really warm fleece jackets for my DD's. Especially ones with hoods. I've read in other older threads that in other years people have found double layered fleece with a wind protection layer in between. Anyone know if these are around? Where they were/are from?

What is the warmest fleece you've come across this year?
    I don't know if they're any warmer, but The North Face added a hood option to their kids' Denali jacket. I found one for ds half off at Sports Authority in the Sniagrab room.