New MyRide Covers

Brycen'sMommy

Amazon has some new MyRide patterns for pre order including the cute red polka dotted one from the ABC kids show.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Seat-Nico/dp/B005WHQL54/ref=sr_1_99?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318960170&sr=1-99"]Nico[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Carseat-Coda/dp/B005WHQKI2/ref=sr_1_107?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318960201&sr=1-107"]Coda[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Carseat-Sonata/dp/B005WHQL40/ref=sr_1_110?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318960264&sr=1-110"]Sonata[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Carseat-Rane/dp/B005WHQKHS/ref=sr_1_120?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318960278&sr=1-120"]Rane[/ame]

The also have the new [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Classic-Ride-Convertible-Boyton/dp/B005WHQKDW/ref=sr_1_118?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318960302&sr=1-118"]Classic Ride 50[/ame].

ADS

Spam

Sonata is cuter. I like that Rane has some green, but why so much gray? I think I want a Nico cover for my mr.

love-pink

I thought they were going to be brus exclusives in November :confused: and whats up with the LX model? It looks like the Nico has the newer style with the surround padding at the top after the headrest comes out but the others dont. :confused:

christineka

I think graco should be punished for gross false advertising that classic ride 50. Imagine the 48 pound kids riding around in it while way too tall for the seat.
The lx myrides look thinner. I wonder if they really are.

love-pink

Its the same shell CS with higher limits. I think they only reason the MR's look thinner is the shapes on the covers :rolleyes:

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I think graco should be punished for gross false advertising that classic ride 50. Imagine the 48 pound kids riding around in it while way too tall for the seat.

:yeahthatmad: that seat is SO worthless when a Myride is only $10 more on sale than the CS reg price!

mimieliza

Oooohhhh.... I really like those! I'm trying to talk myself out of wanting another convertible seat.

Okay, I am not trying to defend Graco and the CrappySport or the Classic Ride, but I think I see where they are going with it - they still want to offer a budget choice to capture the lower end market. The regular price of the My Ride is $140. Between the CrappySport and the Classic Ride, they will have two seats under $100. Yes, they are horrible seats, but if it means a kid ends up in a new, safe, harnessed seat rather than staying in an outgrown infant seat, or riding in an expired seat (or no seat at all), then that's great. Now OF COURSE I wish Graco would improve their low-end option, but the Comfort Sport probably sells like hotcakes because of its price.

All we can do is continue to steer parents to the better low price options by Dorel and Evenflo.

christineka

Okay, I am not trying to defend Graco and the CrappySport or the Classic Ride, but I think I see where they are going with it - they still want to offer a budget choice to capture the lower end market. The regular price of the My Ride is $140. Between the CrappySport and the Classic Ride, they will have two seats under $100. Yes, they are horrible seats, but if it means a kid ends up in a new, safe, harnessed seat rather than staying in an outgrown infant seat, or riding in an expired seat (or no seat at all), then that's great. Now OF COURSE I wish Graco would improve their low-end option, but the Comfort Sport probably sells like hotcakes because of its price.

All we can do is continue to steer parents to the better low price options by Dorel and Evenflo.

They could still have a low budget seat with the more true weight limits of 30 pounds rfing and 40 ffing. (Yeah, I know only very short torsoed kids might make it to 40 pounds in the seat, but 40 isn't nearly as outlandish as 50 pounds.) I see the new limits' sole purpose to fool unknowing parents into buying the seat, thinking it will be the last one needed. (Most kids aren't 50 pounds until about age 5 or 6.) It's about as bad as dorel and their alpha omegas, but at least those will harness closer to their actual limits.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Maybe they are changing the slots on the new (cs). The same shell overall but maybe if we get lucky, the top slots will be taller so a child might actually make it to 4 in it.

mimieliza

They could still have a low budget seat with the more true weight limits of 30 pounds rfing and 40 ffing. (Yeah, I know only very short torsoed kids might make it to 40 pounds in the seat, but 40 isn't nearly as outlandish as 50 pounds.) I see the new limits' sole purpose to fool unknowing parents into buying the seat, thinking it will be the last one needed. (Most kids aren't 50 pounds until about age 5 or 6.) It's about as bad as dorel and their alpha omegas, but at least those will harness closer to their actual limits.

Yes. They could have done a lot of things to make the ComfortSport better. Instead, they gave it a new name and useless FFing limit. I'm just saying I understand why they are doing it - to keep hold on their share of the low end market.

But I do wish they would release a revamped budget seat.

msg221

I love the pattern of the Nico, but the fabric looks the same as what was on the Smartseat as far as being that slick polyester fabric, which I wasn't fond of. It's also $40 more than the others. If I was going to get another convertible, I will likely hold out for the My Size since it has the no rethread harness.

Sonata is similar to the first Sonata cover they had with the pink and polka dots, except the first version had brown in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC