I'm doing it (turning him)

Splash

Actually, I'm gonna go do it right now, while I'm thinking about it and it's only 91 outside.

He's a hair over 32 pounds, he's been FF in my car by necessity for about 2 months maybe, and he's major fighting RF in the other car now. It's fine if the other kids are in the car, but if it's just Chuzzle, he pitches a fit. It'd be nice to go longer, but at this point I'm not going to fret over it. He'll be two next month, he's gone far longer than most kids ever will. Plus Wednesday evening he's going to have to go on a 3+ hour drive home, and it's just going to be easier FF.

So, take me out of the ranks of the ERFers. I did it to less than one pound less than the maximum, I think I did okay. He'll certainly be surprised when he gets in the van in his new big boy seat!

Stats-
Britax Boulevard, installed with lower anchors and top tether. Passenger side (no middle) in Mercury Monterey with SAB.

I'm going to *try* to do this without having to turn T2 around (only 19 months), but if I have to turn him, I have to turn him.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You did well!!!!

You got Charlie past teh "critical" point. Good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
Yay for keeping him RFing as long as you could!

As much as I want to keep DD RFing, and will keep her as long as the seat allows (which is 35lbs), I do get kind of excited thinking about when that happens and I can FF her *ducking tomato after tomato* :eek: :whistle:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think you did a fabulous job keeping him RFing.

I, too, get excited thinking about when I can turn Mikkel :duck: ... it'll be awhile though. He's only 27lbs at 27 months old. I have turned him FF in dh's car though. He now has passengers in his car that are taller and he likes it if they can push the seat all the way back. Since Mikkel is in that car maybe once a week for a 5 minute trip to church, I've turned him FFing.

southpawboston

I do get kind of excited thinking about when that happens and I can FF her *ducking tomato after tomato* :eek: :whistle:

I, too, get excited thinking about when I can turn Mikkel :duck:

lol, i just have to roll my eyes when i hear all this talk about tears coming to eyes when turning FF and how sad a day it is, but secretly, i think everyone actually has this sort of taboo excitement that they don't want to admit to about turning their kiddos FF. i can admit it readily. will i be excited to turn DD2 FF when she hits 34-35 lbs? you bet!! will i be weighing her every 1/2 hour and stripping her naked in the middle of winter to make sure i don't do it a moment too soon? umm... no.

splash, you did fine keeping him RF and properly restrained. since he has passed the critical stage of development where the benefits of RF are no longer as great as they were when he was younger, the most important thing you can do now is just continue proper restrainining methods, which you of course will. but of course you know this already.

Melizerd

good job! It will be a LONG time before DS is FFing but I don't see myself being upset over it either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC