Hmmm, that hurt!

BrookysMommy

So, I was carrying DDs Scenera into the house and it slipped out of my hand...Since I was wearing flip flops, it seperated my toe nail from my big toe! Sorry for the gross image in your head, but I had to share somewhere lol

It also got me thinking...anyone else have any non-car related car seat injurys?

ADS

hedgefun

I had that same injury once (not caused by a car seat though). I couldn't put weight on my toe for about a week afterward. I hope yours heals quickly!

bnsnyde

Just that I should not look at carseats when I drive (in other cars to check out seats), or they will cause serious injury. Add it to distracted driving.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I was helping a parent with a tough Radian install about 6 months ago and the hand I was putting pressure with slipped and my hand rolled across the steel frame of the seat while essentially supporting my whole body. It HURT and the entire heel of my hand was deep purple for a like a week. I also muttered a choice word starting with f in front of the parent and her one year old. Uh yeah, not my finest CPST moment lol. Luckily she wasn't easily offended haha.

hrice

I've cut my hands up a couple of times on the RF belt path on my CAand gotten rope burn from tightening LATCH or SB. Nothing too bad so far.

MandaPanda

I managed to sprain my wrist tightening a harness. I went to give it one more yank and must have pulled at a weird angle and OUCH! That one hurt for a few days.

BrookysMommy

Not to sound like I don't care about your injury, but the first thing that came to my mind was, "oh man, your weather is still good enough for flip flops??". :ROTFLMAO:

I hope your toe heals quickly!

:ROTFLMAO: It was until about noon yesterday. But thats what I get for living in a bi-polar weather state...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC