Question The First Years True Fit

MountainMaMaof2

O.k., after several questions to this fabulous forum, I think I have decided I will purchase The First Years True Fit for my twins. I just have a few questions about this seat before I make the big purchase. I really wanted the seats to recline. The regular True Fit does not recline, The True Fit Recline and Premier do recline. The True Fit Recline does not show it rec'd any star rating for easy install but the Premier and regular did. Of course the regular is more in my price range, but again does not recline. Is the recline in the other two that are higher in price worth the extra money. I mean does the recline really recline to make a difference. When it is time to go forward facing I do not want my girls heads to fall forward when they fall asleep. I can get a Premier online for $159.99 on sale and the regular for $129.99. I have to buy two. Thanks for your input.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
All convertibles recline. They have to for rear facing. When foward facing, even if the seat allows recline, they are safer being upright.

jess71903

Ambassador
Recline is really more about how you install than a feature on the seat. I am almost certain that even the Recline must be in upright mode when installed forward facing. Rear-facing, you can use a rolled towel or pool noodle, or install it in such a way that you get the recline you want (stand behind seat, push IN as you tighten the seat at the angle you want instead of only putting pressure where baby's feet would be). Recline or not recline would not make my decision on whether or not to buy the seat.

I'm not sure why the recline didn't get the same star rating that the other 2 did. They all install pretty much identically, though, so don't let the lack of a rating worry you. The only reason I would choose the Premier over the other is a) I like the idea of an anti-rebound foot, and b) the cut-out in the foot makes the harness adjuster easier to get to.

rxmommy

The only reason I would choose the Premier over the other is a) I like the idea of an anti-rebound foot, and b) the cut-out in the foot makes the harness adjuster easier to get to.

These are my thoughts. The harness adjuster isn't easy to get to on my Premier anyway, but with the rebound bar there's a bit more room. To me that's worth it. And since I got used to the infinite harness, I found it easier to adjust that the Roundabout that Sophie is in now!

MountainMaMaof2

I think I will go ahead and spend the extra $30.00 for the Premier so the car seat will have that extra protection with the rebound bar. Seems worth it. It is out of my price range, but this seat should last me a long time and it seems worth it. Thanks to everyone for your input. I tell you what, shopping for car seats is hard work. Information overload. This forum is a life saver. I am glad to finally make a decision that I feel good about.

tanusscott22

Not sure when you need the seats by, but if you can hold off for about a month there is a good chance you can find a great deal on "Cyber Monday." Thats the Monday after Thanks Giving when there are great online deals, instead of black Friday where there are great deals in stores.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC