2012 compliant Graco infant seats

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Any word on when they're coming? Stock of Snugride 35s is getting awfully low, and at Sears not even on sale. I'm trying to talk a pregnant Mama off the ledge of panic about not having a car seat today. For full price I'd gamble and wait for new stock, but that is the rational 'already had two kids' me talking instead of the '7 months pregnant first time mama' me! She's also worried about compatibility with strollers and adapter bars and whatnot, but I suspect we won't know any of that until we see it.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have heard November or December for TRU/BRU stock to be arriving. I'm just over 7 months pregnant and likely won't wait until then for them to arrive, and I'm not a first time mom. ;)

I also wouldn't pay full price for the SR35s that are out there now though. Pretty sure I'm going with The First Years Via. Evenflo has some new, 2012 compliant seats out already too. Embrace 35 which I think Trudy said only comes with the travel system, and the SecureRide 35 which comes stand alone. Or maybe I have them reversed. :)

snowbird25ca

I have heard November or December for TRU/BRU stock to be arriving. I'm just over 7 months pregnant and likely won't wait until then for them to arrive, and I'm not a first time mom. ;)

I also wouldn't pay full price for the SR35s that are out there now though. Pretty sure I'm going with The First Years Via. Evenflo has some new, 2012 compliant seats out already too. Embrace 35 which I think Trudy said only comes with the travel system, and the SecureRide 35 which comes stand alone. Or maybe I have them reversed. :)

You have them reversed. :thumbsup:

I don't think I'd be keen on an old stock one either simply because they're likely to be older DOM.

As for compatibility, all graco seats have always been compatible with all Graco strollers. I don't expect that to change. Graco is the only manufacturer that I have no clue about what they've done to meet new standards though - no clue if we'll see a changed base or a new handle position or just the requirement that it be left up in the car like Dorel did. I'm pretty curious to find out actually...

ps - most things that need adapters also take Peg seats, and sometimes Britax as well. The Chaperone is compliant already, as is the B-Safe, and the B-Safe is in the same price range as the SR35. ($199 if I remember right.)

DadToThree

The SnugRide in Ogee is in now. The SR35's are coming the end of November. I'm not sure you would even find that many SR35's out there right now?

canadiangie

I sure hope current adapter kits continue to work with '12 compliant Graco infant seats. What a headache it would be if they didn't. It's tough already for families to keep Graco names correct, let alone a generation I and II set of adapter kits.

I'm with Trudy. Beyond anyone else, it's Graco's infant seats that have me the most curious...

(and possibly Chicco, or did I miss what they're having to do?)

snowbird25ca

The SnugRide in Ogee is in now. The SR35's are coming the end of November. I'm not sure you would even find that many SR35's out there right now?

So what's changed with them? Please do tell? :cool: (Have you had time to read the manual yet? I'd love it if you'd start a new thread if you have...) I was under the impression they weren't shipping until end of November based on what Graco said, and this pattern currently exists - have they done something to show them as different on the stickers or in the manual or something?

Keeanh

Any word on when they're coming? Stock of Snugride 35s is getting awfully low, and at Sears not even on sale. I'm trying to talk a pregnant Mama off the ledge of panic about not having a car seat today. For full price I'd gamble and wait for new stock, but that is the rational 'already had two kids' me talking instead of the '7 months pregnant first time mama' me! She's also worried about compatibility with strollers and adapter bars and whatnot, but I suspect we won't know any of that until we see it.

Meh, pretty much everything is compatible somehow these days. Everyone has adapters. I can't imagine Graco would be stupid enough to make their new seats incompatible with their existing strollers. Then they would have to redesign the strollers as well.

Can she have a "backup plan"? Like have a Scenera on hand (it'll come in handy someday as a spare) in case the new seats aren't out in time? I'm sure Sears will have to cave at some point and put their old seats on sale.

Zellers has plenty of infant seats left... if you're looking for a Dorel rear-adjust :rolleyes:.

tam_shops

Oh, that's what "Ogee" is, had no idea! LOL Not a fan of that store and didn't even think it was true! LOL

tam

Last edited:

tam_shops

I agree, naming all seats 2012 for the next year or so is a great idea and will help ensure ALL the old stock is gone before the end of the year.

Got that Ogee was the pattern name, once I looked at a few, just took a minute, at first I thought it was the new *name* of the seat! ROFL Did I mention that YDS woke me up at least a dozen times last night and refused his nap this afternoon! Makes me a little more dumb than usual! ;)

tam

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay, according to Graco Canada/Elfe, the SR35 in Orbit should be showing up at TRU/BRU around the beginning of November. In addition to Orbit, other fashions offered for the SR35 will be Flint, Wilshire, Lemongrass, Odyssey and Viceroy.

Also, I was told here have been NO changes to the SR35. It is exactly the same as before and the only thing different was how it was tested. I did specifically ask about anti-rebound position for the handle, and that was the response I got. So, it sounds to me like the SR35 passes the anti-rebound portion without a required anti-rebound handle position.

Some of the other 2012 infant seats will require the anti-rebound position in vehicle, correct? I can't recall if the Via requires it, or it is just an available position/feature?

I did not ask about SR22s or SR30s.

snowbird25ca

Okay, according to Graco Canada/Elfe, the SR35 in Orbit should be showing up at TRU/BRU around the beginning of November. In addition to Orbit, other fashions offered for the SR35 will be Flint, Wilshire, Lemongrass, Odyssey and Viceroy.

Also, I was told here have been NO changes to the SR35. It is exactly the same as before and the only thing different was how it was tested. I did specifically ask about anti-rebound position for the handle, and that was the response I got. So, it sounds to me like the SR35 passes the anti-rebound portion without a required anti-rebound handle position.

Some of the other 2012 infant seats will require the anti-rebound position in vehicle, correct? I can't recall if the Via requires it, or it is just an available position/feature?

I did not ask about SR22s or SR30s.

Hmmm... quite interesting about the SR35. Did they say if the seat would have new insert and 4lb minimum like the updated US models?

The Via has an anti-rebound position, and the Britax B-Safe is the only seat at this point which is passing rf'ing without either an anti-rebound bar or requiring that the handle be left up - and it has an odd base to it that I haven't quite figured out if the display is funky or if the foot is truly designed to potentially drop further down in a collision. (Which theoretically should reduce rebound if the base adjustment foot dropped down during downward rotation, right?)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
snowbird25ca said:
Hmmm... quite interesting about the SR35. Did they say if the seat would have new insert and 4lb minimum like the updated US models?

I asked if they had a new manual they could email me so I could see any changes (i.e. anti-rebound position) and was told there were no changes to the design of the seat.

I have emailed back for clarification on handle being allowed in all positions and 4# weight minimum. I'll report back.
snowbird25ca said:
The Via has an anti-rebound position,
So the anti rebound position is required in the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

I asked if they had a new manual they could email me so I could see any changes (i.e. anti-rebound position) and was told there were no changes to the design of the seat.

I have emailed back for clarification on handle being allowed in all positions and 4# weight minimum. I'll report back.
So the anti rebound position is required in the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Thanks, I'm really hoping that we get the new insert and the 4lb minimum seats!

The only allowed travel position for the Via 35 and the Evenflo infant seats is the anti-rebound position. The only allowed position for Cosco/Dorel seats is the upright position. (Though I expect when we get the Euro 30 with the ARB on the base that we might see that change?)

Peg will also only allow the anti-rebound position on their 2012 seats. And so this is what has me puzzled over Graco saying there's no changes. Perhaps it is just in the instructions? I'm doubtful that Dorel made any changes to their Sure-Fit in order for it to pass with the handle up seeing as it was already an approved position... So I guess theoretically they could say they made no changes too...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC