RF in Norway

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
I can use my "Swedish" seats in two different ways, pushed back further for more legroom, or right up against (which I do, cause I have a small vehicle) :) My son has the same seat as the boy in that picture.

all together ooky

Oh man! Why oh why won't they make seats like these here in the U.S.????
It would be so much easier to convince people to ERF if we don't have to convince them that bent legs are okay.

bethng

how come there are no chest clips in seats from other countries? I noticed that on a friends seat who lives in England.

CRS

Senior Community Member
how come there are no chest clips in seats from other countries? I noticed that on a friends seat who lives in England.

They're only pre-crash positioners, they're not even part of the safety standards. So long as the harness is placed correctly across the chest and is the right snugness - there's really no need for them, they don't even do anything in a crash.

Werona

If you tigthen our harness tigth enougth, you don't need the chest clip. The chest clip can give a false safty and therefor be a liability. The chest clip isn't good for anything if the seatbelts are loose.

You can buy them as extra if you want. They are not illigal. One of the children in the pictures use a chest clip.

CRS

Senior Community Member
If you tigthen our harness tigth enougth, you don't need the chest clip. The chest clip can give a false safty and therefor be a liability. The chest clip isn't good for anything if the seatbelts are loose.

You can buy them as extra if you want. They are not illigal. One of the children in the pictures use a chest clip.

Where are you from Werona?

remken

I'd be in heaven if we weren't required to use chest clips here in the US. But since its in the manuals here that we have to use them I will continue to.

CandCfam

Very cool.
I like the looks of that Graco seat.

And that bus seat is awesome:thumbsup: , but :eek: , the mom had the harness down around the girls arms? :eek:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Neat!

In the bus seat video though the straps were WAY off that little girl's shoulders :( not cool! I LOVE the concept though!!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The chest clip is important to me for a certain (somewhat stupid) reason-- it is what keeps my niece occupied when I strap her into her carseat. I let her pretend to "help" me buckle the chest clip. It keeps her happy. :)

I know that is a dumb reason, but whatever works, right? :p

southpawboston

not quite right. in europe, the long grippy pads that you see on the harness straps do essentually the same thing as the US chest clip, they keep the straps positioned by friction against the child's clothing. so it's two different ways of achieving the same thing. by your token, the harness pads can give the same false sense of safety and do no good in the event of a loose harness.

this is just speculation on my part, but the chest clip may even have a greater advantage, because the chest clip allows the straps to be tightened closer to the child's body. the long harness pads on the european seats add a compressible layer between the child's body and the harness strap... same as wearing a sweater.

CRS

Senior Community Member
not quite right. in europe, the long grippy pads that you see on the harness straps do essentually the same thing as the US chest clip, they keep the straps positioned by friction against the child's clothing. so it's two different ways of achieving the same thing. by your token, the harness pads can give the same false sense of safety and do no good in the event of a loose harness.

this is just speculation on my part, but the chest clip may even have a greater advantage, because the chest clip allows the straps to be tightened closer to the child's body. the long harness pads on the european seats add a compressible layer between the child's body and the harness strap... same as wearing a sweater.

Not quite right either LOL Not all of the European seats have rubber packed pads - nor do any of the Australian seats (which don't have chest clips either) I'm pretty sure those rubber backed pads are to reduce head excursion. And honestly, I do find that chest clips give a false sense of security of how firm the harness really is.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Why is one of those children pictured RF without his head being contained within the shell of the carseat? Is that not required in Europe? It's one of the last pictures on the second page and appears to be a boy of about 5 or 6 years old.

One other question... most of those seats look incredibly upright. In particular, there is one of a sleeping baby that looks about the same angle that she would be if she were FF. Do all seats get installed that upright RF or can they be at more of a 45 degree angle for smaller babies?

CRS

Senior Community Member
Why is one of those children pictured RF without his head being contained within the shell of the carseat? Is that not required in Europe? It's one of the last pictures on the second page and appears to be a boy of about 5 or 6 years old.

I think you can use them up until the eyes are level with the top back shell of the seat. The boy in that picture does look like he's outgrown it though.

One other question... most of those seats look incredibly upright. In particular, there is one of a sleeping baby that looks about the same angle that she would be if she were FF. Do all seats get installed that upright RF or can they be at more of a 45 degree angle for smaller babies?

Sounds like you're looking at a picture of the Akta Graco DuoLogic. It's both an infant seat and a seat that rear-faces for ages.

in-i-bil_large.jpg

I can install my Britax Two Way pretty much as upright as any FF seat. It can be installed at between 40° and 10°

Jordynsmama

What about the rf seat in the front??
But wow that is really freakin cool!!! I wish we would catch up over here with the extended rf with higher limits on seats and stuff.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I can install my Britax Two Way pretty much as upright as any FF seat. It can be installed at between 40° and 10°

That is really cool! I would love to see one of those IRL... wonder if I can convice dh of a trip to Europe to carseat shop? :D :whistle:

But then, I wouldn't be able to resist bringing one home with me and then what a bad tech I would be cuz how could I resist using it? :p

Do you have more real life pictures of that Graco? It looks so cool! I'd love to see a front view of it and how it goes from infant seat to RF seat for older children.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC