Three across in a Saturn Ion 2006 - with 2 RAs?

athousandwords

Here's yet another question about putting 3 seats across. I'm open to any and all suggestions, but I'm hoping to only purchase one or maybe two seats.

Here's what I have:

RA 50
RA 55
Chicco Keyfit 30
and a Saturn Ion 2 2006 4-door

And here are my kids:
DD 15 mos/23 lbs. RF, 95th %ile in height.
DS 3 y.o./28 lbs. DS RF, 50th %ile in height.
and one expected in about 8 mos.

If I could just buy one seat to replace one of these, should it be a Radian? Or do I really need to replace both Britaxes?

I have time to figure this out, but if we have to start saving for a new vehicle (or new seats), better to know sooner rather than later. DS can go FF once the new baby arrives if that's the best way to puzzle the seats. I'd love any and all opinions.

ADS

lanwenyi

We have an 05 Saturn Ion and a Radian goes in VERY easily. When we put in the Radian + our Blvd, there is plenty of room for an adult back there. We've also done it w/ an Avenue or our Mico in that 3rd spot. I don't see any reason that you couldn't do 1 radian + 2 Britax seats. I don't know if the keyfit would fit where the Mico did, but it might.

athousandwords

We have an 05 Saturn Ion and a Radian goes in VERY easily. When we put in the Radian + our Blvd, there is plenty of room for an adult back there. We've also done it w/ an Avenue or our Mico in that 3rd spot. I don't see any reason that you couldn't do 1 radian + 2 Britax seats. I don't know if the keyfit would fit where the Mico did, but it might.

Oh, thank you so much for this! Do you remember what positions your Radian and Blvd were in?

lanwenyi

With the adult passenger, we had the Radian behind the passenger and the blvd (classic) in the middle. It's easier to buckle that way. With the Avenue, I *think* we had it the same way, but I could be wrong (its been a while). After DH comes home, I could try again. However, if you do the 2nd Britax in the last spot, I'd put the Radian in the middle.

athousandwords

Oh, if we could get 2 RAs and a Radian in the back all together that would be awesome. It wouldn't even be like spending extra money since we'd need a convertible for #3 anyway and we could keep DS rearfacing longer.

lanwenyi

The hard part will be when one of the kids turns ffing. The Radian does not puzzle well with a ffing Britax (at least the classics, I don't have one of the new ones), but you can cross that bridge when you get there. You might need to buy a new ffing seat (a la Maestro or something new) at that time. In any case, you will fill all space on that backseat no matter how you do it. It's not a big car :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC