? About New Triumph Advance...

djma

I am seriously considering getting one of these for DS2 because apparently he's got mostly legs (sounds kind of funny :p ) and I think he would be more comfortable rf'ng for as long as possible in this seat. Now I need some opinions...I know it states rf for up to 35 pounds, and I'm sure it's been tested for that. How many people would be comfortable using this seat for a 3 or 4yo that is 35 pounds since it can't be tethered? Do you think the mfr had a 3 or 4yo sized dummy when they tested it for the rf weight? I'm just wondering because with his growth pattern, I may be able to keep him rf until 3 yo and I was just wondering if it would still be safe to rf him at 34-35 pounds w/o a tether.

Opinions??? TIA :)

ADS

all together ooky

I totally would. I RFed my DD until she was 3 yrs 4 mo in a Scenera (doesn't tether RF). Unless he's in a truck without headrests....

The Advance does state that you need an inch of shell above the head for RF.

VLsMom

I would definitely do it. I'm not a tech, and can't offer "expert" advice, but if its been tested for it, why not?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
All seats that go to even 30 pounds are tested with the 34 pound 3 yo sized dummy. They had it at 30 pounds for years because they thought that's all we wanted (duh? give us what's best, not what we want?), I know Dorel tests it's seats with a dummy with some extra weight in a vest so it can pass at 35 pounds, I *assume* they put the new Evenflo (and soon to be Britaxes, and Recaros) through the RF testing with that weighted dummy, too.

I'd most likely use it, even untethered, if the seat is tall enough for my kid to make it to that weight (my kids are tall and skinny... 35 pounds at almost 5...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC