LATCH and tether placement question

mmr713

After experiencing what might be a major mechanical problem with our Land Rover, we might be shopping for a new (used but new to us) car. Can someone please tell me about the latch and tether placements for the following cars:

2010 or newer Ford Expedition
2010 or newer Toyota Sequoia
2010 or newer Chevy Tahoe

Thank you!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
My LATCH manual is 2009, so assuming there are no changes from 09-10:

Expedition:
2nd Row - 3 sets of LATCH for the bench seat, or 2 sets of LATCH & tether anchors for the captain's chairs. Tether anchors are at the bottom of the seat back.
3rd Row - One tether anchor in the center seat back, no LATCH

Sequoia:
2nd Row - 3 sets of LATCH, tether anchors on back of seat
3rd Row - One tether anchor on back of center seat, no LATCH

Tahoe:
2nd Row Bench seat- LATCH in the center and passenger side only. Driver's side does have a tether anchor. All are on the bottom of the seat.
2nd Row Captain's chairs- Both haveLATCH and tether at the bottom of the seatback.
3rd row 2 seat model - no LATCH, one tether anchor that can be used for either seat on bottom rear of seat.
3rd row 3 seat model - no LATCH, one tether anchor on the driver's side that can be used for either center or driver's outboard.

Hope that helps!

luckyclov

Sequoia:
2nd Row - 3 sets of LATCH, tether anchors on back of seat
3rd Row - One tether anchor on back of center seat, no LATCH
Does that cover '06 Sequoias, too? My friend has an '06 and she only has two complete sets of LATCH in the 2nd row - center and driver's side outboard. I can't recall if there's a passenger side tether anchor or not. The 3rd row has one complete set (outboard) and another outboard tether anchor.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Does that cover '06 Sequoias, too? My friend has an '06 and she only has two complete sets of LATCH in the 2nd row - center and driver's side outboard. I can't recall if there's a passenger side tether anchor or not. The 3rd row has one complete set (outboard) and another outboard tether anchor.

Nope, for 05-07 the LATCH manual says:

2nd row bench seat: Center LATCH, Driver's LATCH, Passenger tether anchor only.
2nd row seperate seats: 2 complete LATCH

3rd row: Passenger side LATCH, driver's side tether anchor, nothing in the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC