symphony e3 question

fyrfightermomma

So I took J to buy buy baby to try out some seats as he has about outgrown his RA50.

I normally don't like evenflo seats but honestly liked the symphony e3 a lot. He had lots of leg room and I liked the side impact protection. He was very comfy

There was no manual and I kind of remember some weird rule of u can only use the bottom two positions RFing or something. Or was that the original one?? If its only the two bottom ones he doesn't have any room. If it can go up more he has tons.

So what weird rules or quirks does this seat have?? I saw the new radian there and while I liked it they wanted 329!!! Not gonna happen.

ADS

christineka

You are remembering correctly that while rfing you can only use the bottom two headrest positions, so it sounds like the seat won't work. The momentum is supposed to be a bit taller, though.

fyrfightermomma

christineka said:
You are remembering correctly that while rfing you can only use the bottom two headrest positions, so it sounds like the seat won't work. The momentum is supposed to be a bit taller, though.

What a dumb rule. I really liked the head wings so I don't think the momentum is for us :(

mominabigtruck

What a dumb rule. I really liked the head wings so I don't think the momentum is for us :(

The momentum is way taller then the symphony and it has super deep sides so I don't think it would be that big of a deal. I have one and could post pics if you wanted. I got the momentum as a replacement for the symphony 65 and much prefer it, I just wish it had pretty covers.
Posted via Mobile Device

MissAllyLou

My nephew has the Momentum 65 in both his parents' cars, and the wings are so deep that they turned him FFing at 25 months because my SIL couldn't get him in his seat now that she's 6 months pregnant. Not sure if that's a pro or con for you, guess it depends on the car!

I know it's not much recommended around here, but I'd try out a Graco Smartseat if I were you. J's a pretty big boy, sounds like he could benefit from the deep leg room, wide seat width, and tall shell!

fyrfightermomma

MissAllyLou said:
My nephew has the Momentum 65 in both his parents' cars, and the wings are so deep that they turned him FFing at 25 months because my SIL couldn't get him in his seat now that she's 6 months pregnant. Not sure if that's a pro or con for you, guess it depends on the car!

I know it's not much recommended around here, but I'd try out a Graco Smartseat if I were you. J's a pretty big boy, sounds like he could benefit from the deep leg room, wide seat width, and tall shell!

Definitely a con. That's why I hated the my ride!

For some reason I though the smart seat was short. Is it not? He def needs a wide seat with leg room. Radian doesn't work well in our car and its a pita to install so I really don't want one.

Does anyone here have a smart seat? Our buy buy baby didn't have one. I would love to see one irl and try it. Any dumb headrest rules? Does bru carry it?

MissAllyLou

The Smartseat is really tall. Are we friends on facebook? I can't remember, but I have a bunch of pictures on there of a 4 year old in one. No funky headrest rules. It's just a beast of a seat, very heavy. And it's not the cheapest, either.

Spam

The smart seat is pretty tall, it must be in one of the three bottom positions with 1" of head support for rearfacing. Harness covers can only be used to 40lbs and are required for rearfacing. It offers tons of legroom. I really liked it. It takes up a good amount of space installed.

fyrfightermomma

MissAllyLou said:
The Smartseat is really tall. Are we friends on facebook? I can't remember, but I have a bunch of pictures on there of a 4 year old in one. No funky headrest rules. It's just a beast of a seat, very heavy. And it's not the cheapest, either.

Don't think so!

fyrfightermomma

momtoo3 said:
BRU and TRU both carry the Smart Seat. Or what about a TFP? It is really tall.

We had those for the girls and I hated it :-/

Does the smart seat have a sliding one piece harness or two seperate sides?

momtoo3

It's just like the Britax harness, each side is anchored :) Do you want any pictures of one? I sold mine to a friend, she uses it every day!

OT but just had to ask...where did you get the Mario Bros GN in your siggy? Both ds2 and ds3 would love one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC