Price Check La Bassine birth tub

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have no idea, but once you figure it out, I'd be interested in it. Assuming you're willing to ship though. And maybe the shipping to Canada would be too stupid to make it worth it, but try me.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ah okay. I'd probably go 75% of what it would cost to buy new. It's not used enough to be worth 50%, but yet it's a low enough cost item that more than 75% and I'd just buy new.

Pixels

The manufacturer makes two versions of this pool. One is meant for health care providers, and is meant to be set up, used, and taken down repeatedly. It's heavier-duty. The version I have is the personal version, which is guaranteed to work once (yes, it might work more than that, but they don't make any promises).

Does that change your opinion any?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Hmmm...I thought the La Bassine only had one version and you could just use it with liners (for multiple uses with care providers) or without for personal use. Maybe I'm confusing it with the BPIAB or the Aqua something or other one. Let me go Google and get myself set straight.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay, I see the 2 versions now. The pro one seems to have warranty for a year or 10 births, whichever comes first. It doesn't look the other version has any warranty. There are patch kits available for holes. But likely she won't get as many births out of it as she would the pro version due to the lighter weight vinyl but she would know that so it wouldn't be a surprise if she only got one more birth out of it.

The manufacturers web site doesn't state it's only for one birth from what I can tell. They just advertise their pro one as being heavier duty. And since they sell liners, it implies it can be used for more than one birth. And again, your midwife would know which version you had, and if it wasn't going to be useful to her, she wouldn't be offering to buy it.

I'd probably do around 65% then. I may round to the lower sensible number. So, if $135 was what you paid total including shipping, tax and everything (probably not, I'm just going off the list price on that site), I'd probably sell for $80-$85.

ETA: and that $135 price listed was for the pool without the liner, correct? They had some with liner for $158, right? So the $135 already considers the subtraction of the liner. Because as Jessica mentioned, the liner cost would be something I'd consider as well if purchasing.

Last edited:

Pixels

Pump for air, or water? We ended up using neither. We have an air pump, which three people couldn't find while I was contracting even though it was exactly where I told them it was. My brother had a job to do and he did it: he blew it up by mouth. I was in the pool within an hour of my brother's arrival, and that included time for him to do the entire setup. First he had to find the supplies (mom should not be the only person who knows where everything is, FTR). Then he spread a plastic drop cloth to protect the floor from any water, and taped down the edges so there would be no tripping. Over that he spread a large blanket, to protect the pool from any stray sharp things on the floor and also to collect any water so there wouldn't be puddles or slippery spots, and he taped that down as well. Then he put the pool in place, blew it up, and filled it with water. So really it must have been a few minutes to blow it up.

For the water, we let gravity do all the work. Connected the hose to the shower (remove shower head, install adapter, install hose) and the pool end of the hose had a Y splitter on it. That way they were able to turn on the shower to the desired temperature and leave it. When the pool was full, instead of shutting off the shower, they shut off the Y. If we had wanted to add more water later, all we would have had to do is turn the Y back on and the temperature was already correct. It also allowed them to remove the hose from the pool while I was in the pool without spilling water all over the floor.

Once they were ready to empty the pool, they shut off the shower, placed the end of the hose back in the pool and opened the valve on the Y. Disconnected the hose from the shower and dropped the end on the floor of the shower. It all siphoned out except the last inch or so. There was so little left that my midwife just picked it up and carried it out to the trash with the liner.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC