Where can I get a Kid Y harness?

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Does anyone know where I can get a Kid Y harness? From what I understand, E-Z-On no longer makes it and while it appears to be "available" on the Safety Angel website, they haven't responded to my phone calls or emails, so I'm not convinced they have it in stock either.

Help!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is there a reason you need it, instead of the 86-Y (which can be used with any booster, while the Kid-Y can only be used with the special one?)

LuvBug

ketchupqueen said:
Is there a reason you need it, instead of the 86-Y (which can be used with any booster, while the Kid-Y can only be used with the special one?)

According to the kid-y manual it can be used with any booster now. So my sister ordered it for my nephew instead of the 86. It is like half the price (but also half the weight range).

Ill ask my sis if safety angel actually had it, she ordered it a week ago yesterday.

Sent from my Atrix, please excuse typos.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
From my brief reading it appears that the 86Y cannot be top tethered to a rear-seatbelt. Am I wrong about that?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I call Ez on directly and ask were I can buy things. They are very nice and direct me to a retail location.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
From my brief reading it appears that the 86Y cannot be top tethered to a rear-seatbelt. Am I wrong about that?

No, I think you're right, although, uh, I'd do it as a TEMPORARY solution if needed. If there's no suitable location for a HDTA, they can also make a customized version that uses seatbelt anchors instead of a TA.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Okay this may be a dumb question, but what are "seatbelt anchors?"
(Oh and this would be a long term need with no option for HDTA's)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Where the seatbelt is anchored to the vehicle. I think it's Heather that had a custom one made like that. You might want to PM her and find out more about it. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC