Again, i need help!

lourdes

Went to a baby store and for the first time in my life a saw a radian, I was happy, maybe this store will have other models, but no, the only radian was the 80sl model, the problem is that the DOM is 2007, so it has 5 or 6 years left? It is for sale for 125.00, is this a good deal?? I wanted the radian xtsl in petal but they didn't have it, so, any opinions???

ADS

Stelvis

If it was made in 2007 then it wasn't SL, it has the old style latch, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But that price is ridiculous for an almost 5 year old seat.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
With a 2007 DOM it does not have anywhere near six years left. A Radian has an 8-year expiry. It will expire sometime in 2015, giving you three to four years of use. Are you sure the seat was never used? Where has it been since 2007?

lourdes

It has all the tags on it, I didn't see the latch, I had on my mind for some reason that the radian had a 9 year expiration date, the seat was in the store because they used to sell radians but the britax sell more so they stop ordering them and this was the only one left, they also have a marathon couture for 189 but I didn't find the DOM, I am going to call tomorrow to find out, the other thing about the radian is that the RF limit is 32 pounds

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's actually 33# (though it may be retroactive to 35#). Since your child is over 33# and very close to 35# and you want to RF, why would you be interested in the seat?

lourdes

She is 27-28 pounds, I am looking for a car seat that will give me space in the back seat, I carpool 3 other kids, I can't fit 2 boosters with the CA and I want the RF until 4 or longer, so I think the radians will let me do it

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm sorry, I thought she was 34 pounds. I must have been confused.

How do you have the other kids seated? Is there a child in the front?

creideamh

Since you are in Puerto Rico and it'll probably cost a lot more to ship one out there (don't actually know, just guessing...) then yeah, I'd buy it if I needed it, even if it does have an '07 DOM.

hrice

creideamh said:
Since you are in Puerto Rico and it'll probably cost a lot more to ship one out there (don't actually know, just guessing...) then yeah, I'd buy it if I needed it, even if it does have an '07 DOM.

I agree. Maybe you can talk to the store manager and see if he will mark it down to 100 for you? It's worth a try!

lourdes

carseatcoach said:
I'm sorry, I thought she was 34 pounds. I must have been confused.

How do you have the other kids seated? Is there a child in the front?

Yeah, the seating situation, in the front seat I have a 9 y/o in back less booster, in the back I have my DD outboard and 2 girls, 6 y/o both, they ride just with seat belt, the school is 1/4 of a mile from my house in the same subdivision so I don't go over 15 ph, when is not raining I go walking to my DD preschool pick her up and then walk to the elementary school pick the kids and walk to my house, leave one of the 6 y/o in my house and load my DD and the 9 y/o and the other 6 y/o in the back seat and I have to drive them (the 9 and 6) to after school program so I have the 6 y/o in the back less booster outboard, the 9 y/o in the center and my DD outboard, I never drive outside the subdivision with all the kids because I don't drive "out" with a 9 y/o in front or with 6 y/o without boosters.
Now I want a car seat that will let my have the 9 and 6 y/o both in boosters outboard and my DD in the center when I have to take them to the after school program, I drive a Suzuki SX4 and I have a small home day care and my mother-in-law stays with the kids when I do all this

lourdes

creideamh said:

If I go with amazon I can get the radian xtsl in petal for around 240-250 with the shipping cost included

lourdes

Sooooooooo, I went so another baby store, I have call this store before but they say they didn't sell radians but I went just to see if they had something new and to my surprise they had the radian 80sl in pink!!!!!!!!!!!! They had 2 in box plus the floor model, i paid 179.00, I don't know if it was a good deal but I am so happy that I finally have my radian!!!!!!!

Keeanh

Sooooooooo, I went so another baby store, I have call this store before but they say they didn't sell radians but I went just to see if they had something new and to my surprise they had the radian 80sl in pink!!!!!!!!!!!! They had 2 in box plus the floor model, i paid 179.00, I don't know if it was a good deal but I am so happy that I finally have my radian!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:
That's an awesome deal :D

lourdes

I only go without boosters in the subdivision streets but I have a backless graco and a evenflo highback, I will install the radian tonight and if the boosters that I have don't fit I will go to Walmart and get 2 literiders, we normally walk because of thus situation

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC