Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Again, i need help!

Went to a baby store and for the first time in my life a saw a radian, I was happy, maybe this store will have other models, but no, the only radian was the 80sl model, the problem is that the DOM is 2007, so it has 5 or 6 years left? It is for sale for 125.00, is this a good deal?? I wanted the radian xtsl in petal but they didn't have it, so, any opinions???
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Again, i need help!

If it was made in 2007 then it wasn't SL, it has the old style latch, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But that price is ridiculous for an almost 5 year old seat.

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

With a 2007 DOM it does not have anywhere near six years left. A Radian has an 8-year expiry. It will expire sometime in 2015, giving you three to four years of use. Are you sure the seat was never used? Where has it been since 2007?
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

It has all the tags on it, I didn't see the latch, I had on my mind for some reason that the radian had a 9 year expiration date, the seat was in the store because they used to sell radians but the britax sell more so they stop ordering them and this was the only one left, they also have a marathon couture for 189 but I didn't find the DOM, I am going to call tomorrow to find out, the other thing about the radian is that the RF limit is 32 pounds
    Lourdes
    mom to Amanda Victoria 6 y/o in a Graco Turbobooster and Sofia Victoria 5 m/o in a Safety 1st On Board 35 Air

It's actually 33# (though it may be retroactive to 35#). Since your child is over 33# and very close to 35# and you want to RF, why would you be interested in the seat?

She is 27-28 pounds, I am looking for a car seat that will give me space in the back seat, I carpool 3 other kids, I can't fit 2 boosters with the CA and I want the RF until 4 or longer, so I think the radians will let me do it
    Lourdes

I'm sorry, I thought she was 34 pounds. I must have been confused.

How do you have the other kids seated? Is there a child in the front?

Since you are in Puerto Rico and it'll probably cost a lot more to ship one out there (don't actually know, just guessing...) then yeah, I'd buy it if I needed it, even if it does have an '07 DOM.
    Kate // CPST, SK Senior Checker, & Mom to M (12/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by creideamh
    Since you are in Puerto Rico and it'll probably cost a lot more to ship one out there (don't actually know, just guessing...) then yeah, I'd buy it if I needed it, even if it does have an '07 DOM.
    I agree. Maybe you can talk to the store manager and see if he will mark it down to 100 for you? It's worth a try!
    Heather, proud mommy to:
    Dustin 12y & 105 lbs 5-stepped/Seatbelt only
    Colton 6y & 43lb FF RXT/Pinnacle/FR90
    Peyton 5y & 38lb FF in Sureride/FR90/FR85

Quote Originally Posted by carseatcoach
    I'm sorry, I thought she was 34 pounds. I must have been confused.

How do you have the other kids seated? Is there a child in the front?
    Yeah, the seating situation, in the front seat I have a 9 y/o in back less booster, in the back I have my DD outboard and 2 girls, 6 y/o both, they ride just with seat belt, the school is 1/4 of a mile from my house in the same subdivision so I don't go over 15 ph, when is not raining I go walking to my DD preschool pick her up and then walk to the elementary school pick the kids and walk to my house, leave one of the 6 y/o in my house and load my DD and the 9 y/o and the other 6 y/o in the back seat and I have to drive them (the 9 and 6) to after school program so I have the 6 y/o in the back less booster outboard, the 9 y/o in the center and my DD outboard, I never drive outside the subdivision with all the kids because I don't drive "out" with a 9 y/o in front or with 6 y/o without boosters.
    Now I want a car seat that will let my have the 9 and 6 y/o both in boosters outboard and my DD in the center when I have to take them to the after school program, I drive a Suzuki SX4 and I have a small home day care and my mother-in-law stays with the kids when I do all this
    Lourdes

Quote Originally Posted by hrice

I agree. Maybe you can talk to the store manager and see if he will mark it down to 100 for you? It's worth a try!
    I will try that tomorrow
    Lourdes

Quote Originally Posted by creideamh
    If I go with amazon I can get the radian xtsl in petal for around 240-250 with the shipping cost included
    Lourdes

Sooooooooo, I went so another baby store, I have call this store before but they say they didn't sell radians but I went just to see if they had something new and to my surprise they had the radian 80sl in pink!!!!!!!!!!!! They had 2 in box plus the floor model, i paid 179.00, I don't know if it was a good deal but I am so happy that I finally have my radian!!!!!!!
    Lourdes

Quote Originally Posted by lourdes View Post
    Sooooooooo, I went so another baby store, I have call this store before but they say they didn't sell radians but I went just to see if they had something new and to my surprise they had the radian 80sl in pink!!!!!!!!!!!! They had 2 in box plus the floor model, i paid 179.00, I don't know if it was a good deal but I am so happy that I finally have my radian!!!!!!!

That's an awesome deal
    17yrs, 15yrs, 13yrs, 11yrs , 9yrs (58", 75lbs, Incognito), 7yrs (46", 50lbs, Dreamtime), 5yrs (41", 35lbs, RN), 3yrs (30lbs, RF Marathon), NB (Peg 4-35)
    '14 Mazda5, '06 Chevy Express, '08 Toyota Tundra

What boosters do you have? You really shouldn't be driving 6yos around without boosters.

I only go without boosters in the subdivision streets but I have a backless graco and a evenflo highback, I will install the radian tonight and if the boosters that I have don't fit I will go to Walmart and get 2 literiders, we normally walk because of thus situation
    Lourdes