I just made a baby safer

ohiomommy08

We had a garage sale today and I had my Graco travel system (SS1) for sale. I was planning to sell it as a set, but we've been trying to sell it for a few weeks and it sat there all day and hadn't sold.

This pickup drives up and parks right in front of the driveway. The dad gets out and looks at the travel system and asks how much for just the carseat. I said $30 and he goes back to ask his wife. As he walks back, I see the baby sitting on mom's lap in the front seat!!!! :eek: So I walk up to him and say I'll take $20 because I want his baby to be safe and he needs to be in a carseat all the time. (At this point I probably would have taken even less or given it to them to get that baby in a seat). He said they have one but the baby doesn't like it so they want a different one. I asked if I could show him how to install it and he said yes. He opened the back door of the pickup and unbuckled a snugride that was just buckled in (no base), but looked like it was just more hanging there. I showed him how easy it was to install the base (because the SS1 is SO easy) and that if it wiggles there it's not tight enough. Then I asked him to put the baby in the seat and showed him how snug the harness should be. The baby was crying and I kept saying things like "I know you don't like it, but you have to be safe." I showed him how easy it is to put the seat in and out. I had a soft pull toy attached to the handle and the baby seemed pretty content when they left.

I was so happy that I could help that baby be safer than he was! I hope they continue to use it correctly!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

awesome!

did you ask him why the seat he originally had was installed baseless? (wondering if it has a base that was in another vehicle... hopefully yes, so now they have one for each car.... if not, I wonder if that seat was used, as well (but possibly not from a trustworthy source)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC