If you own a Mico, want to take some pics for me?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'd like pics of the underside of the Maxi-Cost Mico seat that shows how it attaches to the base, AND how it attaches to the stroller (since I'm not sure those are the same connections). A pic of the top of the base (showing where the seat attaches) would be helpful as well but the seat pic is most important to me.

Any closer pics of the attachment points on the seat that attach to the stroller would be super. And one more thing! If you could measure the distance between the 2 stroller attachment points, that would be super!!

(and I actually thought I posted this question in the last couple of days but I can't seem to find it, so either I didn't post it or my brain won't allow me to find it. So if you see that it's already around, please let me know!)

ADS

henrietta

If you can give me till next week, I can do it when my sil gets back from her trip. She has a Mico (and the Foray stroller).

henrietta

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Bumping so Henrietta keeps this one her to do list. :D Or for anyone else wanting to have some fun taking pics. :ROTFLMAO:

finn

Is the mico the same as the Cabrio fix? If it is I can take pics for you :)

The cabrio uses different connectors for the base & the buggy. The buggy connectors are under the handle, the base connectors are on the bottom of the seat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

henrietta

Haven't forgotten, so don't worry. Just have to be able to meet up w/my sil-it's her seat. She hasn't been able to meet up yet. ;)

Will let you know as soon as I've got them!

henrietta

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is the mico the same as the Cabrio fix? If it is I can take pics for you :)

The cabrio uses different connectors for the base & the buggy. The buggy connectors are under the handle, the base connectors are on the bottom of the seat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org
It certainly looks the same. And that sounds right that the stroller connectors are under the handle are different than the base connectors.

If you have time, that would be swell! It would save Henrietta from having to set up a special time to meet up with her SIL.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thanks everyone. :) I really need the distance measurement between the two stroller attachment clips under the handles as well if someone is able to do that. Which might be kind of hard to do with the bottom of the seat in the way, but you could probalby do it from above the seat by measureing the distance between the handle on either side, as I think that might be the same distance (depending on where those stroller clips sit).

finn

IMG_4949.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

You can kind of see the hooks under the handle, and the metal bars are where the clips on the base connect too, did you want pics of the base as well?

I can measure tomorrow morning (its cold, dark & raining & I dont feel like going out to the garage), dh borrowed my tape measure & I cant find it anywhere!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thank you!

If you have the opportunity to get a close up pic of just the stroller attachment point on one side, I would really appreciate it. And the measurement. Pretty sure I can do without a pic of the base. Only when it stops raining of course! :)

If anyone with a North American Mico can confirm that it has the same stroller attachment points and seat bottom looks the same, that would swell.

brooklynsmommy

I have the European version( the baseless one without the bars) and can take pictures if you want them.

The stroller attachment points are the silver plastic things right under the handle. On the top side there are two rectangular buttons( that usually "fall" under the cover that you push to release it from the stroller. I'll run home and take pictures of mine.

finn

I have pics of the attachments & the base, but no measurement as dd is asleep & I dont want to wake her up by opening the garage door lol but as soon as she wakes up I will get the tape measure & measure for you. Would you like it in inches or centermetres?

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Hi i went to BBB and took a pic for you...I only got one because the sales person was being rude and I wasn't having it today so I left.

Photo10221241.jpg

I will say it was very difficult to get it back on the base...super easy to get off though but i'm not sure if thats because its brand new (the bbb opened last week)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi i went to BBB and took a pic for you...I only got one because the sales person was being rude and I wasn't having it today so I left.

Photo10221241.jpg

I will say it was very difficult to get it back on the base...super easy to get off though but i'm not sure if thats because its brand new (the bbb opened last week)

The seat won't lock back on to the base if the release handle isn't "out" still when you go to put the seat back on the base.

The North American base is completely different than the European base. The belt path on the base here is very similar to a designer 22 seat, except the belt path is a little worse so far as compatibility issues are concerned, and it differs from the designer 22 seat in that the release for the seat is on the base instead of the seat.

Provided that the handle on the base hasn't slid back in after releasing the seat, it generally goes back on the the base pretty easy since they changed a spring in it. There is some ease of use labeling on the it as well to make it a bit easier.

Techno - I don't think you'd have any issues with the seat in your SUV because the seats are fairly sloped in there and compatibility issues usually aren't bad when the recline foot on the base has to be dropped down completely. Dropping the recline foot and then struggling for a more upright install is actually one of the "tricks" to try and make it compatible in some vehicles.

The seat does tend to be narrow on the inside and some seats have short enough harness straps that it doesn't fit baby when they're near outgrowing the seat - though Dorel will ship you a longer harness if you call and complain. I had heard that they were using longer harnesses, but I'm not sure if that's universally true or not.

About the only the the Mico really has going for it is the fabrics are soft and breathable, and some of the strollers it fits on won't take any other seat. It's a fine seat, but the number of vehicles that it's incompatible in just makes it one that I'm not overly fond of.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Techno - I don't think you'd have any issues with the seat in your SUV because the seats are fairly sloped in there and compatibility issues usually aren't bad when the recline foot on the base has to be dropped down completely. Dropping the recline foot and then struggling for a more upright install is actually one of the "tricks" to try and make it compatible in some vehicles.
I was actually needing the pics more for the stroller compatibility to see if I could make another seat work with my stroller. :eek: My stroller has Maxi Cosi adapters, but not adapters for the other seat, but it attaches in a similar way (under the handles on the side). Thought I might be able to adapt. But after these pics and comparing to pics on the other seat, there is no easy adaptation.

The main reason this seat isn't in the running for me is because it only goes to 22#. I really want to make it through winter 2012/13 as well and won't be able to with a 22# seat.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was actually needing the pics more for the stroller compatibility to see if I could make another seat work with my stroller. :eek: My stroller has Maxi Cosi adapters, but not adapters for the other seat, but it attaches in a similar way (under the handles on the side). Thought I might be able to adapt. But after these pics and comparing to pics on the other seat, there is no easy adaptation.

The main reason this seat isn't in the running for me is because it only goes to 22#. I really want to make it through winter 2012/13 as well and won't be able to with a 22# seat.

That makes sense. What is your stroller? (Or is there another thread on your stroller and finding a seat that will fit it?) I've never seen another seat that will fit on the Mico adapters, but a lot of the strollers that have Mico adapters also have adapters available for other brands. (Of course the Maxi Cosi strollers are an exception...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC