Lifting/installing Coccoro with baby in it?

thepote

So if you have a CCO, are you actually able to lift it out of the car with a baby in it? Is it easy to hang on to?

What about putting it back in?

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I've never had an issue. It takes both hands of course. I prefer to use latch for that. The newer deluxe latch should help.

¡May contain dyac moments!

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've done it half a dozen times in the last week. Even when the flight attendant asked to see the FAA approval sticker (on the bottom). It's easy enough to carry, though I wouldn't do it very long. But I carried it off of the plane with Laine in it (23.5 pounds) every time, and then attached her to the suitcase in the jetway (Piper pulled the suitcase) to that point. I've been able to uninstall her, move her, and reinstall her while she sleeps.

Wendy

TiaxMarie

In my car, (Honda Pilot) it is not easy, but that is because it is a huge hassle to get a good install. In other vehicles, it's a breeze. When we were in San Diego, we had to uninstall the carseats every time we left the vehicle because it was DH's work rental, so I would leave Lainey in the seat, unintall it, then carry it upstairs to the condo. With Latch, it's pretty easy to install while it's occupied. A little tougher with the seatbelt, but not impossible.

honeydew

I've done it with a 27 pound 2 year old and didn't have a problem. We went from car to stroller to airplane seat, back to stroller and finally, car. I wouldn't attempt to carry it for long, especially since Madi was yelling, "NO, NO, NO, it's SCARY!" the entire time I carried her in the seat. She stayed in the seat for the car install, not for the airplane install. I used LATCH in the car and it was really easy.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I did it when DD was somewhere between six months and a year. It only went from car to Flash frame and back, though. I wouldn't want to carry it any distance.

Spam

I also wouldn't carry it far. I've carried into restraurants and grocery stores then reinstalled without removing Tucker when he was younger. It works great now when he falls asleep and I can carry him in the house without waking him up. He wakes up if I have to remove him from the seat and will not go back to sleep. I'm thinking of switching him back to it for the winter since he still falls asleep a lot in the car. If you have an easy install to begin with, you probably won't have any problems doing it with baby in the seat.

thepote

Does it fit in the shopping cart at Target, etc? Right now she's in a SS1 and I don't really take it out of the car unless she's asleep and I can just plop it into a cart (the big part of the cart, not the top).

Spam

Does it fit in the shopping cart at Target, etc? Right now she's in a SS1 and I don't really take it out of the car unless she's asleep and I can just plop it into a cart (the big part of the cart, not the top).

Yep, I used at Target, walmart, meijer. It took up less space in the basket than the infant seat did.

scoutingbear

Didn't install with Maddie in it, but in San Diego I carried her in the seat onto the train and off again, uninstalled from the car to the Maclaren stroller while she was asleep.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC