Where to put the carseat? Does it go in the middle of the backseat?

U

Unregistered

Hi:

I have a 93 Chevy Suburban. My DS is 2.5 years old and weighs 40 pounds. I've looked into carseats and have decided to purchase a Britax Husky.

I know that when children are very young, it's recommended that the carseat is installed in the middle of the backseat. Is this where I need to keep his carseat? Space isnt an issue, because we just have the one child.

Thanks so much for your help!

ADS
L

LoveMyBug

Yes, from what I have read, if it fits, then the middle is the safest!!! I am sure the CPSs will have some links or something for you

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes!
Any seat in the back is considered very safe, and the center even moreso, because it is farthest from point of any side impact. Of course, if the carseat doesn't fit well in the center for some reason, then the "outboard" seat is fine if it fits better there, and the center isn't safest if there is a lapbelt only and no car seat or a booster (lapbelts are terrific for installing car seats, but provide no upper-body protection for actual people)

That was way more than you asked! The short answer? Yes, as long as the Husky fits well in the center, it's the safest place :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC