Our crib broke!

LimePink

Senior Community Member
We stayed at my parents house last night and DD slept in her crib over there which gets very minimal use. I was in the other room and heard a loud noise, went in there and these pictures show what I found. (Minus DD, she was sitting in the crib in tears.)

Has this ever happened to anyone? I plan to call Evenflo tomorrow to have something done. Is this recall worthy, or do you think it was just our crib? Like I said- this crib is at the grandparents and has VERY minimal use. It's about a year and a half old.

I think she either kicked it or pushed on it, I don't think it just fell and broke like that. Either way though, she is only 22 pounds and does not have super baby strength!!

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=317942&cdate=20070630

This is the crib- Evenflo Jenny Lind
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_9990000024581911P?vName=Baby&sLevel=0

ADS

MySillyKids

Ive had our crib (from BRU) for 3 years, has gone through 2 kids so far, no issues at all.

I'd definitely call! How interesting!

broken4u05

wow.. the only thing that has happen to me cribwise was when my cousin was in his the bottom fell through but it is because him and his sister liked to play under it and they moved the little things that hold up the bottom and when we moved them back and not let them play there again it never happened again. It was not broken at all. I would call them that looks bad

I'd call evenflo, no questions asked. That's just scary & shouldn't have happened. I"m glad your daughter is ok.

lisa02-1.gif

Leila

I'd definitely call Evenflo. I had that exact crib for my now 7½ year old son. It's still making the rounds in his father's family, so I'd say that's not typical of those cribs unless the quality has dropped in the last 7 years!

LimePink

Senior Community Member
Oh MY!!!!

Your DD is okay, though, right?
Other than scared to DEATH to sleep alone? Yes, she's fine physically! It definitely had an emotional bit of trauma...she either is refusing to sleep or will NOT sleep alone. I've never ever had any sort of sleeping problems with her so this is new to me. Hopefully it only lasts a couple days!

lovinwaves

OH WOW...Just WOW!! I'm glad your DD was ok, it could have been worse :(

Let us know what Evenflo says. I'm sure they will do whatever it takes so they don't have a lawsuit put on them...

lovinwaves

Other than scared to DEATH to sleep alone? Yes, she's fine physically! It definitely had an emotional bit of trauma...she either is refusing to sleep or will NOT sleep alone. I've never ever had any sort of sleeping problems with her so this is new to me. Hopefully it only lasts a couple days!

Awwwww Poor baby :(

Heh, I saw a spider in my bed about a month ago, and I didn't sleep in there for a week LOL!! Dh called me a big baby. :p

Lara

Holy Cow!!! that is definatly NOT good!

How scary...I hope your dd isn't afraid for too long, poor baby :(

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Awwwww Poor baby :(

Heh, I saw a spider in my bed about a month ago, and I didn't sleep in there for a week LOL!! Dh called me a big baby. :p

LOL! I'd be the same way!!!

I hate many "S" animals-- spiders, snakes, sharks, etc. :p I am glad they exist, because I know they all have a job in this world, but I don't want to see them!

MomToEliEm

You should definitely report the incident to evenflo. If you don't, then they might not realize there is a flaw in that batch of cribs. It might be a random thing that won't happen to another crib, but you never know. Evenflo should be the ones to determine if there is a design flaw.

I had received a baby outfit for my younger DD's birthday. Well, after just 2 washes, some of the snaps started falling apart. I was hesitant to call Osh-Gosh on it (they were the clothing manufacturer of the outfit), but then decided I should call. When I called, they asked me all sorts of questions and then said they would be sending me an envelope to mail the outfit back to them. After about 4 weeks, there was a recall on CPSC.gov for the very same outfit. The recall notice said there were 7 reports of snaps falling off, so I guess I am one of those 7 reports.

Wineaux

Yes, you need to call Evenflo. I am also curious about why there is Duct Tape around one of the supports, as shown in the second picture. Was the crib damaged in shipping? There could have been more damage than what you or your folks visibly saw, which is what contributed to the break the other night. I'm just asking because more than likely Evenflo is going to ask the exact same questions when they see that picture, or get their hands on your crib.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
Yes, you need to call Evenflo. I am also curious about why there is Duct Tape around one of the supports, as shown in the second picture. Was the crib damaged in shipping? There could have been more damage than what you or your folks visibly saw, which is what contributed to the break the other night. I'm just asking because more than likely Evenflo is going to ask the exact same questions when they see that picture, or get their hands on your crib.

I have NO idea what the duct tape is there for, I'll have to ask my dad about it. My guess is there was a crack and he taped it. Damaged in shipping...hmm...I bet (assmung that is a crack) that's why her crib fell apart.

I did call Evenflo today and they were VERY crappy with me about it. She wanted me to send her the pictures of the crib and scan in the reciept, which I've done. She said she'd show them to her supervisor but the crib is over the 90 day warrenty so she wasn't promising anything.:hitselfonhead:

I'm pretty frustrated. Something better be done about this other than a "sorry it's not under warrenty."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC