I have no more ERF kiddos.

Mommy0608

Tyler took his last ride RF in my van today at age 3 years, 2 months and 8 days. I knew the switch was coming soon, but it still makes me sad. He weighs 35lbs, and with added jeans, sweater, jacket and boots he's getting very close to the 40lb limit. He had begun to act up in the car, so I made a car seat behavior chart for him. For each day that he was good in the car, he got a sticker. When the chart is full, he gets his coveted blue seat. He got his last sticker today, so I made the switch. He's happy as a clam in his blue Frontier 85. The excitement when I picked him up after preschool today was really cute. :)

I'm sure I'll get used to it someday. They sure grow up fast.

ADS

Mommy0608

I didn't take one of him in the Radian this morning because I didn't know yet that it would be his last ride. I tried to take one of him in the FR85 with my phone but my memory was full and I couldn't save it. :( Didn't have time to dump stuff before I had to go pick up DD. I will get pics soon. ;)

miraclebabies

:( I'm not looking foward to this day when all three of my kids are front facing. They do grow fast but you kept him rear facing and safer for years after his 1st bday. Yay!! For that

cookie123

I understand. I felt the same way when Matthew went ff. DD#1 for some reason plans to get pregnant soon, so I'll be back in business before long. My other girls should provide some rfers too but that will be a bit down the road. I think they plan to follow the mantra I've recited to them since grade school

"High school, college, marriage, babies!"

aeormsby

I know how you feel. I felt sad with both of my kids (with DD because I didn't have 2 RF kids anymore), but knowing we've moved on permanently from RF seats is kind of sad.

bnsnyde

I'm the kind of nut who might keep a carseat in my car, installed, even when I don't have kids who need them. Because maybe, you never know, I'd have to transport someone. For that matter I should have a RF one ready to go, too. And maybe an infant seat. So then the van is full again and all our kids are at college, and DH would probably not go for it, lol. Maybe just one seat.

skylinphoto

I'm getting ready to be there too. My dd is erfing..but begs me often to ride in a booster (no WAY!) And to ff. I promised her when she turns 4 she can ff.. :( I won't have anymore erfing kids in a few months.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

aetj81

Awwww, that makes me sad! I cant imagine life without carseats, ive had them for 11 years!

Sent from my LS670 using Car-Seat.Org

Mommy0608

Thanks everyone. I knew there would be some sympathetic replies. My IRL friends just don't get it. :p

I really do wish I could hang onto my Radian but we really need the money, so I don't have a choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC