Info on the "improved" Monterey?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Could someone give me more info on the improved Monterey? Any pics of the old and new together with kids in them? I've been out of the loop and was not aware of the change until I read about it today! I am a huge fan of the Monterey for many reasons but the wide fit just will not work for my small framed ds. I'm also not a fan of the wings expanding when you don't want them to. I'm wondering if they fixed that problem as well.

I did search this forum but could not find any specific info on the change. :)

ADS

MomToEliEm

Here is a post that discusses some of the changes made to the monterey:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=184809
Monterey:

- The position of the belt guides will be different and integrated higher up in the bottom of the headrest.
- The shape of the headrest looks slightly different.
- Something really cool that I didn't know, is that the seat has a special foam - Airtek, in the seating area. This increases comfort, but most importantly has a special energy absorbing property that's designed to decrease the forces on the spine. It's denser than memory or comfort foam, but not as dense as EPS foam. The basic material is similar to EPS, but it's not arranged as dense as EPS. (I thought this was really cool and a very innovative feature.)

In this blog, it has a picture of the new monterey belt guide
http://carseatblog.com/13279/abc-expo-2011-whats-new-from-diono/

mamom

I was told directly from Diono that they are supposed to be shipping this month. (Hopefully that is true)

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I was told directly from Diono that they are supposed to be shipping this month. (Hopefully that is true)

Thanks for the info! I will definitely wait to buy until I can actually put my ds in the seat and see how it works for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC